1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Better than under Saddam Hussein? Hell yes. Is it a perfect eden? Hell no.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

And Pompeo did lie and it's not the first time either

3. Handicapped Racer

And i'm good with that. If I am going to lose my life, atleast respect my sacrifice enough to tell me why I may die.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet one more time - why do you keep saying it was only one reason??? I have seen politicians say it was multiple reasons, how is that so hard a concept for you to understand? You either ignore when they state the other reasons or you say they're now lying about something because they said something else before. Talking about reason B doesn't make reason A now somehow invalid or a lie. That shit is all in your head :crackup:

Given Trumps midnight runs and the like to Andrews to welcome back dead soldiers I cannot imagine he takes that shit lightly. None of them ever do. It's ridiculous to even say that.

5. Handicapped Racer

Saddam should have never been left in power during Operation Dessert Shield even though some said the US made it worse by running him out of Iraq. I guess it's that devil that you know type thing

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What did he lie about? Be specific for once because so far you're posting links to shit that says that in a headline but doesn't remotely back it up in the story.

7. Handicapped Racer

Yeah mine and many other Vets...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, Bush tried to play both sides of the fence and it didn't work.

9. Handicapped Racer

Which one do you want the first lie or the second lie. the second lie is a talking point from the administration that some how changed So which one

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That isn't even remotely close to an answer of anything I have asked you nor is it a response to anything I said. Being a vet doesn't mean shit when you're sitting at home watching any of the news channels and making up things in your head about how someone is lying simply because the Orange Man is in the White House....

11. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I agree Trump doesn't want to go parking lot level with this but I think they believe he will if needed. I also agree it's really too late to do much more than the containment/deterrence policy trump seems to be pursuing. The problem is sooner or later Iran or any other fleabag country (think NK) will have the bomb and an ally that will negate our ability to practice deterrence.

It does boggle my mind how these politicians think appeasement works in the ME. It is well documented the ME does not even remotely share any of our beliefs on the sanctity of human life or any other cultural norm. At best it shows they are totally ignorant. At it's worst it shows the level of scumbaggery and disingenuousness they are willing to stoop to bash the other side.

I am almost willing to bet some phucktard in the elite republican guard air defense force accidentally shot that plane down thinking it was one of our military planes. Dam sad no matter how it happened.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And one more time I cannot believe you truly equate talking points changing and the focus of different speeches changing to somehow making the other points and speeches lies when the two do not remotely counter each other. I'm not joking, your thinking is a hot mess on this one...

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. Handicapped Racer

It's a hot mess because I don't agree with your thinking on it. if you killed the man for this reason stand on it, im not sure why the reason keeps changing

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My buddy who immigrated here from Syria along with his wife are some of the nicest, honorable and welcoming people I've ever known.

Now my friend in Cairo is a little out there with the "a curse upon so and so and their children" stuff but still a nice guy. But he was born here and moved there, so he took the crazy with him lol.

15. Handicapped Racer

Some say that's not the case. One article I read was he kept some of these crazy fucks inline. Not sure who they were though

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, you're a hot mess because you keep insisting the reason is changing rather than understand all the reasons are valid together.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have a feeling the relatives of the tens of thousands of people he had murdered would disagree on that one. The craziest fuck being in charge is not keeping them in line...

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Whether or not Iraq is "better off" without Saddam totally depends on whether you are Shia or Sunni. Can't give one blanket answer to that question.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think anyone outside of the elite are better off - or at least a lot safer since he had no issues murdering his own as well as the other guys. Just fewer in number.

20. Handicapped Racer

As I've said some think it is worse now than it was before his expulsion