1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The History of AHRMA & TO, Chaper One, as told by Stu Carter

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by krypton7, Nov 16, 2006.

1. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

Charles, thanks again for the insight. But would you come back to race with AHRMA if there were a change. I think that there are a couple of good trustee's out . But there is a need for change. Some is taking place already. I understand your issue's with the organization, but do you think that the TO situation is going to help or hurt? Thanks, DARRYL:beer:

2. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Thats my line:Poke:

3. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

My suggestion? DO NOT RE-ELECT ANY OF THE CURRENT TRUSTEES, and surely do not elect JS to the Board.
    [/QUOTE]

I kinda like the "One guy Makes the decision" Aproach, It gives the racers A clear cut vision on what is expected of them, You dont have midnight meetings before the race to discuss rules. The big problem I seen with AHRMA in my case was that they had dirt bike guys making rules for road racing.
    The entire "Trustee" thing allows room for way to many politics, and above all the "Friends an Famliy" progam

:beer:

4. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

And then i have my Daytona story from this year that if you got your vv ,you will see its in there again.Don't have time to type it all but don't beat the big dogs sponsored by the france family or ahrma will tear you down with no fee paid.All they had to do is let the rules work and let them protest me and I would have made some money but they didn't want all those big names involved in a protest and then loose the pro test.:up:

5. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Was that on the Thruxton?

6. charles

charles The Transporter

Yes, I'd come back to race with AHRMA, provided there is an AHRMA to race with. There is a Chapter 11 bankruptcy going on, and anything could happen.
    How does the Team Obsolete situation impact? Well, it impacts, all right, just
    how much at this point I don't know. What is unsettling- or should be- is the filing of AHRMA indicating it will take another $300,000 just to move the TO case to trial, not through and beyond trial...where, would you tell me, is that
    money going to come from? There is so much unanswered by AHRMA trustees
    regarding the decisions made over the years and the rationales, that is is to difficult to grasp where this entire situation is headed. It simply got out of control, and it cost, big time. And is it all entirely about money, or does some of this have to do with faith, trust, ethics, responsibility, and reasonableness? Members need to step up now and be counted. As the old song went: "Bring lawyers, guns, and money 'cause the shit has hit the fan."

7. charles

charles The Transporter

You The Man!
    No, YOU the Man!
    :D

8. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

:up:

9. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

That is true. Great reference to the Warren Zevon song. The only thing positive about the whole matter is there will be change. Good or badf will the change I don't know. Cheers.:beer: