1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The Clerk and Schumi2.... dream team!

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I see the exact opposite. I started the season off liking him, but then I saw he acted like a petulant 13 year old boy. His radio transmissions back to the wall when they asked him to shift sooner, or avoid a curbing, were immature. He laid out on the radio for everyone to hear about his issues with Vettel that could have easily been handled behind closed doors. I think he has great potential, but he needs to grow up more. The Old Man would have whacked him upside the head a couple of times this year if he were around.

3. DrA5

I love seeing the fans blast Stroll for only being in F1 because of his Dad and then say that Mick Schumacher should be in Ferrari already. Mick was average, or even below average so far in F2.
    And for the record, I am not saying you are one of those fans that state that.

stk0308 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would go back to Ferrari tradition: one driver who is expected to win, and one who is carrying his water.

motion likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He had very little experience. 2020 will be a much more telling year.

motion likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wasn’t this Leclerc’s second year in F1? He’s still a raw rookie, and those radio outbursts are indicative of his youth.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm talking about Schumacher.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

yeah my bad, I meant to quote Dra5

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone who knows anything about F1 wouldn't blast Stroll... he's a legit driver and is very fast. I think the guy belongs in F1. I agree, Mick's season was so-so, but as Papa says, next season will reveal his potential.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude, he's what, 22? Cut him a little slack. I was a total idiot when I was 22. Still am, but I digress...

12. DrA5

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Similar comments were being made about Verstappen in his first couple of years. If I was Ferarri I would treat him well as he has some serious potential.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

It's a real shame how many people get hooked. With my mom's addiction issues I feel blessed to have not gotten the bug. Even back then (early 80's) I was amazed at what people would do for a fix. There was a priest in one of her sessions that would drink mouthwash since it was all he could get his hands on. I can't even imagine how much he had to drink daily to get his fix being a full blown alcoholic.

16. DrA5

Regarding Ferrari's ongoing management woes, maybe they should go back to getting non-Italians. With Todt and Brawn, they had some of their best success. The clown car of Italians that followed have urinated away some titles I am thinking.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

LH44 was at the Taran Tactical range. Video is forthcoming.

According to Taran, Lewis is the best he's ever seen day 1 at the range. By a lot.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Taran who?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Look Frenchie, it's a Gun Merica thing.

DrA5 and brex like this.