1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

He didn't. It was Riccardo's shoe.

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Wasn't it Ricciardos shoe...

3. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Just curious why you think Buxton is a twat? I don't know if he's involved with anything outside his F1 stuff but, what I've seen there, he typically seems to do a pretty decent job. Has good F1 knowledge, ask pretty good questions and seems to be really into his job. Did I miss something?

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I personally am enjoying the Liberty era. Even stupid crap like the drivers interviews in front of the crowd. Allowing video to be shown from a drivers meeting. Allowing teams to show more behind the scenes stuff on Youtube. The little Ferrari kid. Heck, everything Alonso's done, including visiting fans yesterday. None of that would've flown with Bernie.

MikeR and Jon Wilkens like this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow this race is a mess!!! How can there not be any penalties yet?

Not to mention half my fantasy team is out *sigh*

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I hate this track. And I hope they don't give Vettel a penalty, but I'm sure they will.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you can't beat em, crash your car into em.

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That race was a beautiful mess. It certainly made things exciting in the later stages. The whining on the radio is getting out of control, though.

VFR#52 and DrA5 like this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol should have been a game misconduct. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Pittenger5

That was an awesome race, I love it when its a mess. A million times better than the usual parade crap. I was rooting for Stroll, I don't know why, but good for him. And Vettel should've gotten way worse than 10 seconds. Like Lewis said after the race, thats a dangerous precedent to set.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Vettel fucked up but Hamilton plays dirty under safety car conditions. At one point, he was going so slow that both his and Vettel's cars sounded like they were about to stall. He goes from that to swerving to speeding up, back to idling… It's ridiculous. And then he goes Robby-bobby and suggests meeting face-to-face like a man.

Anyway, it was only a matter of time before the fake friendly attitudes would go away.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    MikeR likes this.
  12. Pittenger5

It was a little weird that his engineer kept saying he has to stay within 10 car lengths of the safety car, I wonder if thats a rule, and why it isn't enforced.
    As for the corner that Vettel hit him, I read that race control checked the telemetry, and Lewis didn't alter his driving at all in the corner compared to other laps under SC, so, sounds like it was entirely Vettels fault. And yes, its a dick move of Hamilton, but swerving into the side of a competitor under SC, whether intentional or not, is DEF not a racing incident.

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Is the 10 lengths a rule so you cant fall way back to then wind up some killer speed as the safety car starts to exit the track?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bernie would have charged the drivers, teams and fans to breathe if he could have figured out a way. No money in it for him, bernie wouldn't allow it even if it helped the sport.

stk0308 and VFR#52 like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Charlie needs to sit Seb out a race. That should never be seen again and 10 sec is not enough of a deterrent. FIA data has Hamilton not brake checking Vettel. The fact that Vettel can't even admit he hit him should have him sitting out a race weekend to think about what he did......like a 12 year old.

VFR#52 and ungwaha like this.
  17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

One good thing is, it happens to them too, in regards to the panic of red flag restarts........between Kimi hysterically screaming for his steering wheel, to Mercedes not affixing Hamilton's head bolster properly........F1 mechanics are not immune to errors under pressure.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Guess no one caught that pace car was 20mph slower than what it was supposed to be going.
    Thats why Hamilton was slowing then speeding off to get heat in tires
    Watch F1 extra. They explained all this in detail.
    Vettels punishment was way to light.
    It was intentional contact he committed.
    Real bad to set this President.
    Hamilton had this in bag.
    But crap happens. Whoops
    Ricardo kills me with the shoe.
    Man have to love anyone brave enough to drink out of his shoe.
    Crazy race.
    Cant wait till next one.

Steven Isenhower #52

mike w likes this.
  19. Pittenger5

I cant help but to read your posts in William Shatner's voice.

DrA5 and VFR#52 like this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He doesn't make posts, he posts lists!