1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Donald is Flabbergasted

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Ok ok...so there was some prime commercial property some of you will recall i was after a few months back that would have been great...so i just looked up what it sold for...

$3500 BELOW my offer

WTF(rik)!!!!!!!!

Since getting into real estate i have seen nothing but backward deals, lying, unprofessionalism, etc

this draws the line...i'm contacting the sellers to ensure my offer was received...if it wasn't...this guys license is done for

the only explanation i can think of was that we both came in at the same price and then there was some problems with the building and the seller made a 3500 concession....but we went over that thing with a fine toothed comb and found it to be in incredible condition...and if we came in at the same price...that would at least warrant a counter offer...right? Common sense says that they aren't going to adjust the sales price and then add a seller concession...or they'd just fully adjust the sales price...it doesn't make sense when i was willing to go almost 10k above and still beat their offer by 3500 for them to accept the one for so much less money...which makes me think they didn't bother to submit my offer..live and learn..

then get revenge

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  2. oldbeginner

oldbeginner Well-Known Member

it better not be my place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

3. Jugglenutz

quiet PN!!!! you will speak only when spoken to! now you may speak :D

4. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

they may have received your offer but had already accepted the other persons offer and entered a contract. Towards the end of the contract they adjusted the price for whatever reason....you have a real estate license? You should know this. Don't get emotional about the deal. Didn't they teach ya that at Real Estate Class, you know, right next door to the chiropractor.....don't try to get the dudes license revoked there newbie.....There are more people that have been doing it longer than ya that know people that have powers that can do things..... :D (and I don't mean like put a power commander on a CBR600f2 either) :D

5. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

I'm shocked and appalled... you mean to tell me that in the real estate/construction industry, there are dishonest and unscrupulous characters at work? Like they say in the Virgin Islands, "Well I never". :rolleyes:

Welcome to R/E Dev. It only gets worse...

-HJK

6. Jugglenutz

she faxed all 3 offers over at the exact same time...mine was supposedly one of them...

and i think it was something done over the closing table to keep the deal moving....i just wrote the listing agent to make sure...i haven't called the NCRA just yet :D

this will forever be the one that got away...and this just makes it all the more worse:(

7. Jugglenutz

Did i mention that the foreclosure house i had a contract on for 143k fell through because they ordered a BPO and a month later we still hadn't heard anything (the normal BPO takes no more than a week ;)) Supposedly there was a "backup offer" when i pulled out (i was able to do so because the lame brain never submitted the property disclosure statement to me within 3 days)...65+ days later...the house is still there...and they chopped 5k off the purchase price! :D :D :D

I called her two weeks ago...she said she had another offer she was submitting on the property...guess what...it's still there :D

There's always someone else offering on the property you want...i just wish in the first case it hadn't been true...

8. oldbeginner

oldbeginner Well-Known Member

At least I haven't crashed my ride yet!!!!!!!11

9. Jugglenutz

don't worry...you will :D

10. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Be very careful what you say/type, Mr Murphy reads everything and his law will get you. :( ;)

11. Jugglenutz

storytimeeeee :D :D :D

So i was at cmp....me...mr. big shot moved up to intermediate class while a buddy of mine was still in the beginner...i was kinda jokin about how fast i was <edit> i thought i was...

next group out...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Look ma! I'm flying!!

Highside...done for the day...

but it was a fun highside :D

12. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Did you have any conditions attached to the contract? I work with a realtor regularly and she laughs at some of the riders people try to add to their offers. Then they act surprised when you turn down their offer and take a different one. (Usually they want $ towards closing....or for upgrades to a house that aren't needed.) That's what loses deals. If I have 2 offers...1 wants nitpicky things...and the other doesn't. Which would YOU choose?

Either way...keep trying. It's not gonna happen overnight. Best guess is 5 years.

13. Fuzzy317

I think I have only highsided once, and it wasn't fun. ;)

14. Jugglenutz

It was a straight offer for 151k :( that's why i think there may have been some skullduggery involved

15. Jugglenutz

sure it is :D it's the day after that isn't any fun:(

16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I bought my house in September, and I put in my offer that the seller pay all closing costs...they came back and said ok, but only if I agreed to limit it to a max of $4500. Deal. :)

I think what loses houses/makes for bad offers is that people don't do the research to find out what is motivating the seller. Is there a time crunch? Are they paying 2 mortgages cuz they're in the new house and still own the old one? Has it been on the market for 18 months? Stuff like that...

In my case, the hous had been on the market for a year, and they people were paying 2 mortgages and I found out that the Dad was recently laid off...I interpreted this as 'highly motivated.' :)

17. Fuzzy317

Wouldn't know if the next day was fun or not, or the next few days for that matter. It knocked me out.

18. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Something mught have turned up in an inspection. Once they had been notified of a problem in the house...they are gonna have to fix it normally. It happens.

19. Jugglenutz

Bet you got a great deal...oddly though...the house must have been overpriced...usually good deals last a week on mls before they are snatched up...you must have caught them at the exact perfect moment

20. Jugglenutz

so that's why you wear rubber boots at the race track :D

or your elevator doesn't go all the way to the top :D