1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cota MotoGp Thread (Drama Inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I think they might be the ones actually having them help.

2. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I was there on Sunday and it looked like pollen to me. The photos make it look like cement dust but I really don't think it was. Looked like a typical Texas road :)

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man, Texas pollen must be crucial! It puts holes in windscreens!

heytchap likes this.
  4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Pollen Bro :Poke:

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Pollen... nature's cum shot. :D

heytchap likes this.
  6. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Tell me about it. I was a track marshal in 12A all weekend. Clearing that crash was sketchy, especially when we looked up after lifting the bike off the track only to see Cal coming out of 12. Cal had already blown 12 at least 50 times that weekend. Thankfully he didn't kill us.

scottn, MachineR1, TX Joose and 5 others like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

someone did that with the carbon tubes going to the brake calipers. ;)

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"I'm still learning the Ducati"

[​IMG]

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As they say, everything's bigger in TX....including the pollen apparently.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That dust wasn't any different than the front straight at Roebling during pine pollen season other than in color.

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Wish I had known there was another WERA guy out there. I knew all the stations on 12 would get some work. I was surprised there were not a ton of guys down in the Moto America race there. When the rain was coming down there was a river running down from 9 to the low spot at 7/8 transition.

On Saturday AM I was leaning against the Armco, looked down and thought "wow that is a strange looking pile of rocks"... then after a more focused look realized "holy shit that's a diamond back"....

rattler.jpg

He was sunning between the Armco and the soft barrier... a few feet in front of where we were all standing. a fire truck and a grounds crew quickly showed up and he met the sharp end of a hoe.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would have run screaming like a little girl - then shot it :D

Note to self, no way in hell am I ever helping Ryan do airfence at COTA...

13. Yamaha Fan

:D... I was pretty calm about it, later race control said it created quite a bit of buzz ... we kept a sharp eye on things, he got shy and slithered over under a big weed bush right near the edge 6" from where we were standing, we relocated out station until he was removed.

Grounds crew said they have to kill them every week .. one day they had 4, 4+ footers..

14. Marquez penalty, stand by snake when not on track.

15. Yamaha Fan

There were some humorous radio exchanges regarding MM... Some crews wanted to moon him, it was suggested that he could be shown he was #1 :D There were about 10 guys that came up from the Mexico City F-1 track with their own suits etc.. they did not get the inference of #1 and hilariously replied "He is #1" some one filled them in on what it meant.. Race control made it clear that it should not be done.

16. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

So that was you? I heard it mentioned that a snake was found at one of the stations, glad no one was hurt, he's a biggie.

This is me on Rins' bike during the GP race. I really felt bad for the guy, he was completely dejected after the crash. We tried twice to bump start it before he gave up. My crew was ready to keep trying because we all wanted to be standing next to thing when it came to life. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I almost had to drag Rins off the track, even with a helmet you con obviously see he was gutted by the crash. Guy has heart, he's earned a new fan.

Attached Files:

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I just read their press release and it didn't mention anything about an accident, off course that doesn't mean it didn't happen....

18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

JL99 and Bill Murray combo?? :eek:

20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast