1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cota MotoGp Thread (Drama Inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You guys not have street sweepers down there? I live out in the country in the middle of nowhere, and the town still sends a street sweeper out in the spring to sweep up the sand on the roads, they can't be that expensive. You'd think for a muti million dollar world class event they'd send some out for a couple laps. Or maybe that would cut into the profit margins a bit.

badmoon692008 and cha0s#242 like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not only that, but how often does COTA even get used? I mean there's a MotoGP and F1 weekend, a few random trackdays here and there. Besides that how much actual usage does the track get compared to your typical national level circuit like NJMP/RA/VIR?....to the point where its already full of "dangerous" bumps around the circuit, it's not THAT old of a facility.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think it’s a construction issue. It seems like it was discussed once before. The foundation and base layer aren’t optimal due to the make up of the landscape down there. But damn, if they can build world class facilities in the middle of the middle eastern desert, Texas should be easy.

4. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

i-seent-it-19328347.png

Attached Files:

5. I was thinking something similar or at least one of those jet dryers like they use in nascar should’ve been used before the weekend. Sure I’m over simplifying things here as the solution to the dust and rocks appears a bit too simple. I wonder if part of the layer they ground is still slightly breaking up or something. As in just breaking off the small edges not hunks of track.

6. But hosting world class events requires world class preparation. They f$cked up on this one.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depending on the era when you started watching he definitely is.

aaronson likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The quantifier for someone being a legend in any sport is their impact on the sport. Mamola had an impact as a rider and continues to have a positive impact to this day. He is a known name even by fans who have never seen him ride anything but two-up stuff.

Pedrosa could easily fit in that category as well. No clue why you wouldn't think so.

AJ likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is it dust or pollen?

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I wonder what was discussed at the safety meeting. Or is that tonight?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

aaronson, Robby-Bobby, JBall and 2 others like this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

FTW^^^^^^^^^

13. Thought it was yesterday, if not scheduled would be a failure if they didn’t meet with windscreens breaking from rocks, no visibility, etc. I really hope they did something overnight. Haven’t watched anything yet today after wsbk.

14. Don’t tell F1 that :)

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just takes money.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And nevermind, read a couple of the links.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Green. :D IMG_0581.JPG

panthercity likes this.
  18. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Man, the riders are letting it be known how bad the track is. Saw a pic of 3 on ghe back straight and it looked like they were racing on dirt.

19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

20. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Any>Simon Crafar all day. In the time it takes Simon to mutter out a sentence Amy’s already delivered a paragraph long insight. I hope she gets good feedback and they tell Simon to stay home.

badmoon692008 and CRA_Fizzer like this.