1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blacklist

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jun 28, 2021.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The Blacklist finished its run this last week. Probably one of the worst endings, right up there with Seinfeld, LOST, Game of Thrones, etc.

After years......years....of jerking us around as to who Red Reddington actually was, and promising several times a season as to reveal it, they left it unstated. They were trying to be "Don't Stop Believing" snap-to-black Sopranos-like. Didn't work

But they are wanting you to believe that he is Katarina Rostova, Liz's mom, who had a sex-change operation. Then, you had schizophrenic Liz hating Red, loving Red, wanting to kill Red and wanting to save Red, sometimes within the same 12 mins segment.........

Ahram being aghast that Liz would be a criminal and stating he would never help her, after spending years helping Red do the same exact thing she was to do.

It sucks that we devoted so much time to it. Like many series, they had a winning formula in the first few seasons that they dicked around with for the last few seasons and ruined the show. But since we invested so much time, I wanted to see how it would play out. Solid meh.

But still, Red Reddington was one of the epic characters on TV.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Never saw an episode. :D

Shocker likes this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ehh, stopped watching it a couple of years ago once I had to start waiting a week at a time for
    New episodes to come out...
    Plus it started getting way too political for my taste.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hoo boy my parents gonna be pissed. They love this show and I don't think have finished yet.

Luckily I got them to finally watch Breaking Bad, so at least they'll have a show that ended well to offset....

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Me either. What is it, a Jefferson's remake?

6. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

was pretty sure the notice was season finale not series finale
    "On January 26, 2021, the series was renewed for a ninth season.[7]"

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

WTF are you people babbling about??

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is a show called The Blacklist. Apparently, one of the characters turned out to be transsexual and Dr. A5 freaked out. It's all here, in the thread. :Poke:

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

:crackup:

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It was a decent enough show at first, but like so many things it got flogged to death and twisted in upon itself as the show runners tries to squeeze every drop a blood out of the cash cow.

Sometimes you have to just stop while you are ahead.

GRH and Phl218 like this.
  11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Should have stuck with just watching Bosch...

Shocker and Phl218 like this.
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

There’s alway Formula One. :D

HPPT likes this.
  13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Amateur Hour. David Lynch is the master of not finishing shit.
    3d6440a990c64e381330f2f35b77057a_w200.gif
    1vh9re.jpg

14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Ugh. I thought they were done after this year, missed the renewal. I really don't know where they are going to go with it. I looked it up and Bokenkamp just left the show so if history is any measure, next season will be a dumpster fire. They had a great concept, kind of like "Person of Interest" that they jacked around with that made it fizzle. James Spader always needs a gig though. He brings very noteworthy characters. Pretty in Pink, Boston Legal, Blacklist.........

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I thought this was about those in banned camp.

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

We started watching it because we were Spader fans, but the stupid drove us away after a season. They jumped the shark early.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

... or Startup.

Backlist was ok, not really deep or well planned.

i always made fun of the meetings at the post office. so predictable who had to go out for a hunt for the bad guys.

really got long in the tooth.

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Watched the very first episode and that was it.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...books, not TV

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This post is @Gorilla George approved!

:D