1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bike you wish you never bought?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris13, Apr 2, 2012.

1. crossroader

crossroader road racing junkie

1975 Norton Interstate. 15k miles stuck a valve due to the wonderful English metallurgy/factory machining at the time. Fixed and head gasket blew at 19k. Been parked ever since. Worth more now than what I paid as it sits... Maybe will be rebuilt if the modern aftermarket parts to make it a relatively reliable ride are still available by the time I get the $ to do so.

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The salvaged ZX-6e. I knew it was bad when nuts/bolts were flying off and hitting me as I was riding it back home. I didn't know enough about bikes back then, stupid me for not doing the research.

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

1971 H-D SuperGlide. It was a POS as a stock bike, imagine after it was chopped to hell. Stretched, lowered, chromed and screwed six ways to Sunday.

Every ride ended with that POS in a pickup truck.

4. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

MV AGUSTA 2009....still hurts !!!

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sure they do, just at double the price...

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

92 GSXR 600. Paid top $ for it and it would drop to 2 cylinders when leaned over them light them all when ever it wanted! Took it to every shop and no one would even touch it.
    Seems the owner knew it had a problem and so did everyone else. I took all year to find it and after that it went to R.A to the GNF and got 5th with another rider.
    I WILL NEVER OWN another Suzuki! Had to be the best looking bike and the best at pissing me off! Wife stopped me from shooting holes in it! LOL Oh well.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    2nd Sucks Racing

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

1992 CBR 600 f2. Believed the hype, best 600 ever, bike of the year, etc., etc. Brand new off the showroom floor in 92. Twitchy, buzzy, prone to headshake, and absolutely dull as dishwater. Typical Honda, really. Kept it for 18 months and sold it for a GSXR 750.
    Cheers, Lee S.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Don't care what you say, that thing is the tits. :up:

9. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Really. I got rid of my 1991 CBR 600 for a 92 GSXR 750. Single biggest bike mistake I made. Frankly from that experience I haven't considered another suzuki until riding my buddies 2011 750 last year, but I still have the flinchies from that experience.

It was really hammered home when the 600 I used to own drafted and passed me on a mile long straight public road in a top speed run.

I got the gsxr to go "ok" with an airbox-ectomy and individual filters, but then it was illegal as hell in any class i entered it in. Which didn't matter, because every 750 and most of the 600s' would pound it anyway, and that's when it wasn't missing gears or shit falling off of it.

I did learn how to do a hell of a good heli-coil due to that bike, though.

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You should have tried another, you probably had a bent one. That was, and still is, a decent racebike. Got better every year until 98. That bike (91-98) still wins V6 very often, and the engines are absolutely bulletproof, even when you push them over 100 hp.

Dull as dishwater is good when the lap times are fast. Relatively.

11. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was great to ride. Just not something you'd want to own unless you lived within a half hour of the shop that built it.

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

02 GSXR 750. I never bonded with that bike. It didn't help to find out after I'd bought it that Monte Lutz had dubbed it the Jinxer...

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Major love/hate relationship with this one...

1999 Ducati 996. Thing had over $10k in extras on it...absolutely sexy as hell. It had the infamous flaking rockers twice, which took out several cam lobes. Thousands pissed away from crap quality control that ducati let happen for a whole freakin decade on the 4-valve motors. I may never own another 4-valve Ducati again just because of that.

15. TLRSKUNK

TLRSKUNK New to this Track crap

Why do you say that about your GSXR? I just bought one for track use. crapping A

Bike I wished I'd never bought... 99 TLR that replaced my First RC51. should have kept the RC51.

16. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

1988 Kx 500 - to big to do anything but could climb any giant coal pile. It broke chains, lost every bolt even with loc tight and even lost the oil plug while riding it. Always need a big boot to start the darn thing!

17. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

probably have to go with this
    though its a close one with the old G4TR I had that I blew the shit out of the motor on its first ride

[​IMG]

though now I don't feel the same, but a years worth of work went into it, and I still need to put new main bearings in it, someday

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  18. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

2006 GSXR600.No faster than my 2001 and just butt ugly.And terribly uncomfortable for a streetbike.

19. stow

stow Well-Known Member

Blasphemer! :wow:

20. got40

got40 On hiatus...

2001 KX250.

That thing kicked my ass. Repeatedly.