1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bike you wish you never bought?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris13, Apr 2, 2012.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

1985 Honda Interceptor 1000
    Biggest POS I ever owned.
    Would not turn, and slow as shit :Puke:

2. cycle900

cycle900 Well-Known Member

By far the most expensive!!!

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't buy a one-off from someone you can't trust, especially if their shop is in another state. Not even if it was featured in a major magazine.

[​IMG]

4. 1997 Suzuki TL1000S. This bike was hyped to the moon by the motorcycle press, but turned out to be an absolute pile. Flexi-frame, bad suspension, horrible fuel injection, and an inherently faulty cooling system. Probably the second-worst motorcycle Suzuki has ever made.

I held onto that thing for way too long, and tried way too hard to make it actually work like a performance motorcycle. Good money thrown after bad :crackhead:

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Chris Gieter, someone told me he works for Dynojet now! My buddy John Brady had a 900rr Up there, fast as shit too. I guess he racked up a bill so high he never saw the bike again. 96 cbr 900 kevlar bodywork.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Some trick parts disappeared between the time I bought the bike and the time I picked it up. Then, the motor broke the first time I took it to the track. And it was downhill from there. Ownership nightmare.

7. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

89 KTM 250 , the worst motorcycle I have ever owned.

8. Handicapped Racer

:wow: very surprised, I truly thought he did good work, and was on the up and up. the 4 bikes he did, a 900rr and the 98 and 99 R-1s were some of the fastest bike I've ever seen on the street. He did kinda screw me on a deal but I actually figured he didn't want to mess with it since he didn't build the engine. I gave him my 900 to machine the Mikuni adapters to fix the carbon fiber airbox. After 2 months he was like aw I don't have time, bring it back in the winter, but I know of 5 that went up and came back before mine. I just called it a wash and had someone else do it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His skills as a builder are impeccable. He is/was very good at what he does/did. I don't necessarily blame him for the engine breaking. But if I could go back in time, I'd never do business with him again.

10. Handicapped Racer

Sorry to hear that, Cuz that was one fun ass bike. I just saw the cover of... I think it was Super Bike Magazine and they were celebrating the 20th yr anniversary of the 900rr. They had a black and white one with an updated front end on it. I wish i could find it my welding instructor took it to the john and I never got it back.

11. 12

12 Well-Known Member

'84 Honda VF700F interceptor "tariff buster"
    what a hunka sh....ttt.

12. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

1990 Kawi ZX-7R - biggest POS - leaked everything all the time.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yet still better than the AMF crap that brought about the tariff.

14. 12

12 Well-Known Member

;) true dat... in hindsight I shoulda bought the 500 intercepter at the time.
    well.. really shoulda bought the RZ350..:D

15. YellowRacer

YellowRacer I can pass this guy...

Bought a 2001 BMW R1100S back in 2006, sold it last year. Should have sold it much earlier, still love that bike. It was a love/hate relationship between us. That bike, plus other BMW's keeps me from buying another BMW anytime soon. Plus, BMW doesn't make a bike that goes head to head with a SV650. :)

16. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

RC51... Not really a POS, but a way over-hyped pig of a bike until you dumped "Ducati" money into it.

17. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

1995 KTM LC4 400. Every other ride (or even during) it broke down, and at the time KTM parts were hard to get. so I'd ride it and it would break down, then I would wait a month or two to get the parts. Held on to the bike for about 7 years should have sold it after the first time it broke. Problem with the bike was that I loved it when it ran and kept thinking it would finally be fixed. Best thing was the guy I sold it to I heard never had problems with it and it treated him well :confused:

18. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

In high school, I had a 500 Interceptor. I wish I would have gone with the RZ350 I was looking at instead.

If I had, I'd *still* have the RZ.

The 500 Honda is long gone.

19. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

2002 RC51 - I can't stop spending money on it...

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Had me one of them too, but I think it was an '85. Been a long time. I called it "the zamboni".:D