1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alvaro Bautista Crash Count (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just warming this bitch up again for the weekend. He sounds "racey".....

Steeltoe, Seiko, r6fast and 3 others like this.
  2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

The boy hunts down stoprak like he is a yellow shirt prov nov...let's see how many million dollar bikes he bins. I say 2 :D

3. Dan Dubeau

I was going to put the over/under at 3.

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Good call… if he doesn’t crash at least twice he’s not even trying… :D

5. Dan Dubeau

I'm getting the impression he's downplaying his chances at success, but deep down he's going to lay it all out there because he still has something to prove :D. He IS a racer. A damn good one too. My only hope is that they're consequence free get offs, and he doesn't injure himself or anyone else. But I DO think he'll chuck at least one down the road. :D.

27 likes this.
  6. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Eagerly awaiting the start of the Sprint Race....:Pop::D

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I hope he does well, tbh. If he does, we could see more talent take WSBK seriously and strengthen that series a bit.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's never going to change. Dorna themselves don't take it seriously. GP riders will continue to go kicking and screaming after exhausting all opportunities in GPs.

9. Dan Dubeau

I'd like to believe and see that the pinnacle of the sport, Motogp, currently has the best bikes, and a deep grid full of talent. Lap records are still falling at a few tracks every year. If washed up ex Motogp riders that never really lit the world on fire start coming back over and running at the front what does that say about the talent pool in Motogp? Dani was one thing, he WAS an alien. Just a grey haired one now lol. But Alvaro? In 13 years in Motogp he had 3 podiums and 1 pole. I liked the guy, but.......

Realistically if he comes over and get's a high top 10 that's a huge win for Ducati. It shows the strength of their bike, and riders and elevates AB's confidence a bit. Anything higher, and I think it degrades the championship and current Ducati motogp riders. Anything lower and I think it degrades AB. My prediction is anywhere from 8-12. If he stays on it. I think he'll get in the points. But pulling a Pedrosa is out of the question.

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Would be even cooler to see Dani on the Ducati in WSBK (I know this doesnt make sense for some many reasons).
    But he is even smaller the Alvaro, right? And more talented?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Yup. I'd love to see Dani back on a grid full time and racing. That was a huge what if career that got cut too short. Not sure if he still has it to give for an entire season, but he's still wicked fast, and a hell of a racer, as we've seen this year.

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Where did Petrux finish in his last wild card? 11th maybe? Seems like he almost got a top ten but certainly couldn’t hang with the new crop on a one off try… he was way more successful in GP than AB19… so many variables to try to compare it all really…

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Yep. Impossible comparison. One thing is for sure, the comparisons to Dani are crazy. AB was not comparable to DP when he was in GP, not even close. The journo's talking about a Bayliss type win are highly regarded.

The comparison to Petrux is much closer.

Either way I bet he has fun, and it'll be good to see him back out there being rewarded for a wsbk ship. Pretty cool reward for a job well done.

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yeah Bayliss 06 will never be repeated… coolest race day ever for many reasons

stk0308 likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

GP bikes are too damn specialized now for anyone to ever repeat that.

Lol, I'm watching FP1 right now, and just as I clicked this thread AB almost looped it on his practice start. So close....

27 likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That weren’t really even his fault. That’s amazing.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How many combined crashes are there this year between Alex and Sam Lowes? Must be some sort of record.