1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The all knowing BBS

Discussion in 'General' started by Mxer485, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mxer485

Mxer485 Well-Known Member

Quick ? for you experts. Im within wks of buying an egagment ring. Wondering if anybody one here knows anything about diamonds that have been treated with lasers to fix there inperfections. I have researched it online and I can never tell if the info Im reading was written by the people selling the corrected diamonds or acuatul third party people who have no ties... There are huge deals to be made with these diamonds its just seems to be to gd to be true like everything else out there like that. Or is this somthing that is really worth it and people cant believe cause there stuck in old ways or is it alot of the diamond companys making all the bad press cause there afraid there going to lose sales. I had every intent on buying a real unaltered diamond but if this is really as gd as they say it def worth lookin into. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks in advance Dave

2. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I just bought a diamond. I sent you a PM with my number.

One thing to remember is that most women take it to a jeweler and have it cleaned and well they also well get it looked at.

3. Mxer485

Thanks for the info. If i end up doing it I would tell her about it there is no reason for me to hide it from her so it wouldnt be a surprise for her if she got it cleaned and they mentioned to her that the diamond was enhanced.. Not even sure this is somthing that I even want to do. So far it looks likes it only really going to save me arn a 1000 dollars. Which is still a gd deal of cash but for that amount Id rather get one untouched.. Why im kinda wondering if anybody has purchased one and what their thoughts on it are..:up:

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

dont do it.... lol

5. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Stick with the real deal. After a few years of putting up with each others shit she won't care so much about the quality, but rather be glad she's getting a diamond after all. That's when you can go for the Apollo diamonds and the like.

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Why would women complain about enhanced diamonds... Hell, do WE complain about enhanced boobies? Stock or aftermarket WTH cares.. it's all about performance.

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

If she gives a crap about the size and clarity of the diamond, dump her. She should not be wanting you to go into financial shock right before you commit to one another.

On your 10th anniversary, buy her a stunning stone if you are still feeling the love and she hasn't banged all your pals. By then, you'll know who you actually married.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

if you can't see any imperfections with the naked eye...

on the other hand, they also color rubies, emeralds, etc. you can't see it with the naked eye until someone accidentally cleans it with ultrasound...takes the injected color right out of the imperfections leaving your stone looking like shit. in other words, they're starting with inferior rocks and adding make-up.

what quality is the rock before they weld it up with a laser?

9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

SAVE a $1000!!!. Goddamn man. The ring I put on her finger only cost a couple hundred more than that.

But guess what, she still married me. And because we don't spend like fools on that type of shit, we are mortgage on car loan free. With coin in the bank!! And that was less than 5 years into our marriage. Save the $1G and use the rest wisely.

10. Mxer485

Thanks for all the info. Def think im going to stick with the real deal. The one that im looking at is a vs2,G so I think a enhanced diamond and that one are going to look about the same. So id rather have the real deal. I could honestly get her anything and she would be happy not matter the size of the diamond or how much I spend. Thats not whats important to her which is a big plus in my books :beer:.. I just want to get her somthing really nice. Started dating her when she was a senior in highschool thru college and thru medical school which i thought would never end lol:wow:. So 8 yrs later Im ready to ask her:D Will be the first DR in the family to carry my last name. Thanks again for all the info still amazes me the range of knowledge the BBS cares lol!!

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I shopped some independent places and a couple of pawn shops that had a good selection. I had a friend that was a jeweler... so when I had a short list... just paid him a couple bucks to help me distinguish. I ended up getting a 2.5 carat stone from a pawn shop (with paperwork) and having my friend set it in a platinum ring for $900 extra.

If I were looking for something unique... I might start here http://www.nicolelandaw.com/custom.html