1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That song stuck in my head

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

BTW, thanks jackass - the GF has been singing "Pickle Rick" for 10 minutes now...

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can't stop it inside your head but we might be able to help you not click on that link anymore. :D

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Jeremiah was a bullfrog...

Been fighting this one most of my life due to a little league coach that would constantly just blurt it out at the top of his lungs.

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Zzzzzap!

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Here you go, fuckers!

Ana Ng by They Might Be Giants

motoboy likes this.
  6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Abe Gibron - NFL coach for the Bears in the 70s was famous for singing it on the sidelines.

7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I actually just had to use TMBGs "Mammal" to get rid of the last worm. That's Synchronicity (also not a bad song).

8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Do Do Do
    Lookin out your back door

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

So, my ban stated "Please take a minute to read the General Forum rules. In particular, about keeping the video infestation in check. Thanks."

I have read the General Rules, more than once actually, I'll quote the relevant rule here so we don't have any confusion:

"Videos: starting a new thread every time you see a funny video on YouTube will probably earn you a vacation. The moderators get tired of having to check out everything to make sure it's appropriate. So, be smart, stick to racing and motorcycle videos and you won't have to worry about getting annoying."

And then the "Amendment"

"They can be posted in the designated video thread if they don't meet the criteria listed above. Feel free to dump your cute puppies and dumb behavior videos in the thread."

I totally understand not "starting a new thread every time you see a funny video on YouTube" but I don't see anything in the rules that says "no one is allowed to post any videos anywhere even when they're directly relevant to the topic being discussed"

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you weren't smart and we're in the wrong?

:crackup:

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yes, definitely!

12. badmoon692008

I fully realized I was likely to get a ban, I was going on a trip over the weekend and wouldn't have been on here anyways. Just think the rule could use some clarification and figured falling on the sword would have better effect...

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If the effect you're going for is the amusement of others, spot on!

motoracer1100 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It didn't :D

15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

But he always had some mighty fine wine ...

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Based on what? The rule? Process that bit of logic for a minute. :D

Didn't work for the last guy tried it either. All the confession does, really, is likely doubling the length of your next vacation. Surely there's a more important cause you guys can fight for than the videos on the forum. Can I interest you in human trafficking or child labor?

17. badmoon692008

Based on seeing other reactions to videos posted... The rule gives absolutely no inkling that *all* videos are forbidden. Basically just says don't post stupid useless shit and you'll likely be fine.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who determines what is useless stupid shit?

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Only in the Dungeon can you post non-motorcycle videos in threads if they are relevant to the thread.

20. badmoon692008

Is this in the members only rulebook? I must have missed it in the mail...