1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That New New Tundra 2022-3rd Gen

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 20, 2021.

1. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I agree the prices are absurd.

I actually lease my 2019 ram for $410 a month, it’s a Laramie crew cab 4x4. Now supposedly, according to my lease agreement, I can purchase for 28.5k. Which if true, is a pretty sweet deal considering I could turn around and sell it for 40+ all day. My lease is almost up, so I’ll find out if 28.5k is real in the next week or so. My fingers are crossed, seems to good to be true.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

2020 Chevy 1500 Duramax 3.0
    So quiet, big crew cab, 6.5' bed, comfortable, 10 speed transmission

From Ohio to Yellowstone and Glacier and back - 5471 miles, 27.1 mpg for that trip in May- June moving w good speed

From Ohio to FL and back
    2133 miles, 28.4 mpg this past week. Moving w good speed

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    MyWayGuy likes this.
  3. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Best to treat a lemon vehicle, like a bad gf or shitty job, trade it for a new one.

BigBird likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That is amazing!

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

They did say they're going to offer crew cab and 6.5' bed, we'll see if that goes for TRD pro trims. But don't think you're getting mid 20s around town in any pickup truck. I'd put my name on the line and assume this truck will be rated at 19city/26hwy and the hybrid MIGHT bump the city MPG 1-2.

6. nlzmo400r

It's a shame the small diesels don't sell better, they're such an obvious choice for light duty normal use pickups. I think people are (rightfully so) afraid of emissions equipment failures.

418 and bitorius like this.
  7. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

my assumption was that they would meet or beat the Ford’s mileage

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-f-150-hybrid-mpg-fuel-economy/

“The hybridized Ford F-150 delivers an estimated 24 mpg city, 24 mpg highway, and—predictably—24 mpg combined on the EPA test cycle when equipped with four-wheel drive. Those figures jump up to 25 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, and 25 mpg combined on PowerBoost hybrid F-150s lacking four-wheel drive.”

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It looks a 100 times better than the new Chevys.

BigBird and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Try Carvana... they'll buy out the lease and pick it up.

Check the current lease website and it will tell you you're residual now and at the end.

SundaySocial likes this.
  10. Well of course mileage will go up lacking 4wd. I cannot imagine just a 1mpg increase even with the stupid epa city cycle they use for testing.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

TRD Pro is the big cab with 5' bed only according to TFL.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It will be real, they signed that contract too. The boss bought out her lease, got a 35k car for 23k or so :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

Market is insane this year. Made 10K on a Cummins I bought for 53K. Full Disclosure: Used that money on a '21 Tundra Limited :-D

"Stuck" with my 5.7 haha

borislav and BigBird like this.
  14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Its interesting to me that all the truck designers have seemed to just throw aerodynamics out the window on these things... Nothing like pushing a giant brick through the air for maximum MPGs lol

15. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

It's really true. I'm wondering if the FEA simulations work out easier if they make the entire vehicle low poly. Most of these vehicles look like they were designed on a PS1.

Specially that "Cyber" truck.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The 2022 SIlverado hood line is HIGHER than the top of the bed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I think aero is mostly ignored when designing cars these days. It seems to me it's more about styling than better highway MPG's. At some point it can't be ignored anymore, no matter how the look ends up.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wow. That is one terrible looking machine. Like the Aztek of Pickups

renegade17 likes this.
  19. nlzmo400r

Can't see that happening, but I also don't necessarily believe Ford's numbers either lol. I'm not up to date, but when I was in the market a few years ago the general consensus was that the Ford 3.5 and 2.7 got the same mileage as the 5.0 - which was no where near 24mpg combined. I think Edmunds averaged 17mpg over 30k miles with their 2.7. I think it was identical to their 5.0 from a year or two prior.

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42468...ons-lets-nerd-out-with-a-pre-production-truck

Bruce and BigBird like this.