1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the Vintage Guys at Nelson's

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by evilhordewannabe, Jul 11, 2004.

1. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who made the trip to Nelson's for the vintage racing on Saturday. Although the grids were small, I think everyone had a good time. The weather was great, and everyone seemed to really get along and enjoy each other's company. Although I didn't place so well in my races, I was glad I made the trip, and I had a great time. I look forward to seeing you all at the next north central round.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Todd,

We found a missing box of awards, I gave Don Kinsey his 3rd place lightweight. I took home the V3 third place that you have coming and will give it to you the next race, same goes for Jeff James F 2stroke (2nd) and 2nd and 3rd V4 which go to Todd Welch and Bill Bloom.

Bob:beer:

3. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

lizard

you comin to cmp the 24th an 25th?

aaron

4. lizard84

Re: lizard

Its killing me, but no. I have to double shift both days that week end. I went to CMP for the first time last year, loved it. I have to work Gratten so I'll miss the next one too.

5. evilhordewannabe

Thanks Bob. So where was the missing box of trophies? I was supposed to ask the track manager (Scott???) but he had left to buy parts to fix the water pump for the showers. I'll see you back up at Nelson's next month. I'm putting my plain old RD front and rear end back on with the smaller tires, so maybe..just maybe someone can push you. Or maybe someone who could push you might show up for a race. Later

6. lizard84

The box was there, it just got stuffed in the corner at the other end of the room. We should go out in practice together next time, maybe I can show you a few lines. After breaking the GS crank a few weeks ago, I was in no mood to practice so I only did a handfull of laps in the 1st sesson of saturdays LW and vintage sessions on both bikes to check if they ran and parked them til the races. I f I was going to break anything, I wanted it to be while I was racing.

Did you notice It was a all 4 stroke F500 top three!!!!

Dare I say it????? what the hell, 2 Strokes Suck... :D

Bob :beer:

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Now Now Bob I am looking forward to seeing you in our next meeting, ohh and by the way I will be on a 2 stroke and I doubt It suck :D

8. evilhordewannabe

Be Careful Bob M.......

Bob Weber has taken the gloves off. He has the Honda handling good now, and even worse he has a spare motor now, so he is running 14,000 rpms now and making a whole lot more power. His Honda was out running my RD on the back straight at Nelson's. I couldn't believe how fast it was. Kinda made me sick actually.

9. Yamaha Fan

Re: Be Careful Bob M.......

Understood he is a formidable competitor and one that I respect on anything he rides, but maligning my beloved 2-strokes now them’s fighten worlds…. I am not sitting still myself, I am going to continue development :D

Hey how did the new motor go? I PMd you.. tried to call last night figured you saw me on the caller ID and said “no way” ;)

10. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

We'll just have to see what happens at the gnf...:cool: :beer:

11. evilhordewannabe

Bob, I was on the internet last night, so I didn't know you called. I'll admit, I didn't answer your pm, because I was pretty dejected that I wasn't able to stay closer to Bob Weber, or Rich O....or even my arch north central rival Dave Keeley. As far as the motor and pipes....the bike was really really fast. I was pretty much parking it in the turns. Part of the problem was gearing, which I didn't bother to change. I still had bad handling problems, the bike wouldn't turn, and then I couldn't hold a line in the turns. The front end was bottoming out and the rearend was bouncing and leaving the ground. I'm just going to put the front and rear end and smaller tires back on that I ran at jennings, and just ride the thing, and stop making excuses.

12. Yamaha Fan

Order the fork springs! it is allot less work and should fix the problem your 90% there! glad to hear the motor went well. When you have no corner speed it will always seem like they are killing you on the straight, but its the corner that puts them ahead..