1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to all- my 1st - 1st

Discussion in 'General' started by 9mil, Apr 29, 2002.

1. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

2. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Well Brad, Looks like there's been another conversion.

Repeat after me sir:

Hi, my name is Phil and I love v-twins.

In unison everyone! HI PHIL! :D

I knew you would love it when you made the choice to switch. BTW, it looked like that bike had some wump wump on the back straight. You were putting distance on other riders there. You done good, man. Welcome to the world of flat torque curves and ready made power.:D

3. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

No wamp wamp - Just a stock motor and a pipe- Is there anything else I could do to it ( that wouldnt be cheating of course)?

4. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I couldn't tell if you were just getting a better drive out of the sweeper or if that bike just had a little more hp from the factory. All I know is that it was enough for me to comment to Brad on it while we were watching your race. I know and you know the bike is stock ( I sold Phil one of my 99s) but it kinda goes back to the Robby Card/ Suff thing. Looks like you got a Wednesday motor off the assembly line. Both of those guys bikes have a bit more on the top end than most others, well Suff's bike anyway (Robby's is currently undergoing an overhaul). Mine is the same way but not so much because of my fat ass. :D I'm working on that now though.

5. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

Gearing may have played role too. I had 15/47 and Kasey had 14/45 (about 15/48.5).
    As we were racing in D super he was just killing me on the straights.I think 15/47 is better for lap times but if you get into traffic and its a drag race on the straights the 14/45 works better.

Martin M. ( currently working with a psychologist to cure my start issues :) )

6. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Try 14/47. you'll get a better drive off the turns. I like it.

7. Martin M

14/47 !?!?! You have got to be banging off the rev limiter really bad on the back stretch with such a short gearing, no?
    How many shifts you do between bowl and decreasing radius with such short gearing 2 up 2 down ??

8. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I use only 4th 5th and 6th gear. Shorter ratio gears on the top end. I may try something slightly different next time. That was good enough to get 1:04.06 going counter. I would be afraid that going to a bigger counter sprocket would slow down acceleration off the corners. However, Ope dogg kicked our collective asses with 15/47 gearing.
    I may try it just for shits and giggles. :)
    1 up and 1 down for the decreasing radius 90. Then grab 1 up and a quick 1 down for the carousel.

Last edited: May 2, 2002
  9. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Oddly enough it seemed to work for me too - at least for a bit-

10. Martin M

That's why I couldn't get by you coming out of the corners even when I was a little faster going in and mid-corner. After I finaly passed you I was so happy that I immediately crashed :)

11. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Like I said-- it worked for me....hehehe- :D