1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks for everyones help! Got to run my first race.

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 22, 2012.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I have to thank everyone that helped me get my xr100 to race with omrl. This past saturday the 21st was the frist race of the year. I was undecided about going do to them calling for rain all week. I told myself there is nothing fun about riding while being soaked. Well friday came and I thought about and decided I didnt work all winter to get this ready for it to sit on race day. I went down and got all set up and ready. I am in the novice group and grided second row 6th overall. Tiped toed around do to it being wet but got first in my class 3rd overall. Second race Iam grided first row in 3rd spot and the two guys next to me are experts and I know my only chance is to get a good start and hold them off as long as I could now that it was a dry track. Iam sure you guessed what happened on the the start! Yep this rookie wheeled the start :crackup: and the experts got away, Still managed a 1st in class and 3rd overall again and left with the point lead.:beer:. I know its just minis but man is it a blast. The guys that run Omrl are awesome, everybody at the track was super nice and even though it was cold and raining we had a blast!

I gotta thank backcounty for all the advise he offerd along with cam from m&m racing and anybody else that helped that I cant remember. The biggest help was from Kelly @ Trackstar. What an awesome dude. He gave me awesome advice on setup tips and tricks. He put up with me bugging him with any questions I had and all the parts I order one at a time cause I was always forgetting something. Thanks again and if you ever have a chance to run ur mini with Omrl I promise you that you will have a good time with these guys.:beer:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Good on ya. You are quite welcome! I am not sure of the surface condition where you race but you will be very surprised how fast you can go in the rain on a 100 with the BT45's..... we actually don't slow down much. We will still back it in and then throw a knee on the ground. The main thing is do all your braking and then release the brakes BEFORE you throw the bike in to a lean. Do not make any mid-turn adjustments and hang off a little extra. Have fun!

3. assjuice cyrus

Yea thanks cam,they did work pretty well I thought. What pressure do you recommend in the 45s? Iam right at 200 pounds. I ran 16psi and it worked really well but I kinda felt a mush feeling a couple of times and wonder if maybe I should try like 18 or 20 psi? Again thanks for the help and these things are addicting!

4. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I weigh 175 and run 17-18 cold. If you weigh 200, you may want to try 18-19 cold. and yes...... you are now addicted..... muahahahaha!

5. assjuice cyrus

Thanks,I think I will try 18 next time. I gotta catch them two experts. hahahahahahah

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

First time I blew a start with a mondo wheelie I about shat myself. 100's aren't supposed to wheelie like that :crackup:

7. assjuice cyrus

Yea, No kidding. ACDNate your another one I forgot Iam sorry. You to offerd advice to me to and I owe you a thanks to. Iam still fired up over that race I cant wait till the 12th to be able to try and catch those guys. I need to lose some weight, and find some more speed. lol

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Real glad you finally made it to the track. Mini racing is some of the most fun I have ever had. I missed the season opening endurance race for the AMRA this weekend, bu I am jazzed about the next race. Can't wait to get the ysr out. Welcome to the infected.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

cool deal. Our local track is trying to drum up support for a series.
    Hopefully SEMRA or someone will get something going.

10. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Dude, glad to finally meet ya! You did very well out there for your first time! It will be a tall order to catch those two (Kent and Todd) on the 100's, but I'm sure if you can stick with them for a few laps, you'll learn a few tricks and soon you'll be banging bars with them. If that happens this year, I'll have to bump ya out of the Novice group! Lol

That start was epic, I was laughing the entire time! At least you didn't highside it like I did!

11. assjuice cyrus

Man that highside was pretty nasty the way you landed face first is never good. Shows you were trying to catch him. I still havent stop laughing about about that start. Dont bump me out yet I got the points lead now! HAhahahahahaha.

12. assjuice cyrus

13. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Awesome! Glad you had a great time and that I could help you out.

14. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Great job! Glad you made it out and braved the rain, it adds that extra level of drama, hahaha.

Hope you can make it to Beaver Run in May; that's the first race I can attend. A bunch of us usually go Saturday, practice all day, then camp onsite for the race on Sunday.

See you at the track!

Ben

15. assjuice cyrus

Blammo, I might try to make it to beaver run. Gonna try to hopefully car pool with somebody maybe? Really all depends on how things go.