1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text Spam Now???!?

Discussion in 'General' started by theJrod, Apr 22, 2011.

1. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I just got a text message from Jiffy Lube... WTF. :down:

I thought mobile phones were somehow protected from telemarketing and texting spam.

2. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

Not if you signed up for it, which you most likely did when you signed some paperwork.

And WTF are you doing using Jiffy Lube? Why would you trust those morons, who've been proven to be morons and thieves, anywhere near your car? If you're not going to do it yourself, spend the extra 5 bucks and have your dealer do it.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I get them all the time. Is there a way to shut them out?

4. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

They are required to give you a way to unsub in the message they spam you with.

5. Murcielago311

Murcielago311 Well-Known Member

Me too! I replied stop. Think I must've wrote my number down when getting a state inspection for licensing.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Part of it is the retards in Washington thought it would be a great idea to give those yahoos access to your mobile number. Put yourself on the do not call list.

7. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

I just never give a cell #. Desk # or home#

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

9. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

I do get them from Harbor Freight, 20% off all this weekend, I am not mad about those.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

when you get a message like that, reply STOP and that should fix it.

11. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

Damn you Jared...I just got that text too.

12. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Haha :p

13. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

I just got a text from "The Citizens Bank" saying my card had been deactivated. Thing is,i don't use Citizens Bank. I called for shits and gigs, it said " welcome to the citizens bank, please enter your 16 digit card number" lmao. Problem is someone is stupid enough to go along with it. I sent them a reply, "go get fucked".

14. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I always give them my home phone. It goes to the machine, I push the button and walk away.
    I never listen to answering machine messages.