1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tents, RV's, or Hotels

Discussion in 'General' started by stickman, Jan 23, 2003.

?

Where do you sleep during a race weekend?

1. Tent

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. RV

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Hotel

25 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Bike trailer

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

As long as you keep flip flops on, your eyes closed and don't touch anything, the showers at TGPR are pretty good. ;)

2. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

And the RV is tax deductible...

The RV is the way to go. The nice thing about them too is unless you already have a second home is it is deductable like it is a second home. Gotta love that!

Maybe I can use the Hummer loophole since its GVWR is over 6,000 lbs! Its just 14,700 lbs over and it is a SUV in a way....well, maybe not. :)

3. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Re: RV all the way

Down here I see a few of those old RVs (most are on blocks, but thats besides the point). I think the old Winnibagos with the cab and front ends that looks like a pissed-off bug look cool in a funky way.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

well we just got a new pimp mobile trailer. we took a 24' put a wall up. we then built the entertainment center with the tv/vcr video games typ things. also a microwave toaster oven and a fridge. i full insulated it, even the inside wall, and put spray foam into all of the openings. so it would be quiet in the room. we put down carpet, so the cold wouldnt come through the floor, and put in a futon bed. we are looking to upgrade to a bunk futon soon so that the kids will have their own bed.

this gives me room for my stuiff and a quiet place for the family to hang out.

and thanks to stumpy we even have a disco ball:D

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: And the RV is tax deductible...

Your RV is more like a luxury home. I'm so jealous. :D

6. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Re: Re: And the RV is tax deductible...

Hey, you guys had satellite TV at the track long before I did....:p

7. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

A $46,000 RV, with a 15-year "mortgage", is $460 / month, AND you can write off the interest.

Add up the hotel costs, and it's not that much different, and it's a Hell of lot more fun and convienant.

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: Re: Re: And the RV is tax deductible...

:p

9. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Re: Re: Tents, RV's, or Hotels

I did not know you could write off the interest. We would love to have an RV, and with my student loans finally almost paid after 10 freakin years, this may be doable.