1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tell me about mv agusta f3

Discussion in 'General' started by vdub 2.0, Feb 23, 2016.

1. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

I have a friend looking at a nice 2013 f3 675 it is a nice bike with low miles at a decent price. I dont see to many of these bikes around so I don't know much about them. I read a few reviews saying it has fueling issues. I was wondering if anyone on here had real world experience with it. the bike will be mainly used for street riding. Big plus is all the service and upgrades have been done at the dealer and we have an mv dealer about 15 miles from us.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's hot as heck...outside of that...no clue

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

there's a few guys racing them in CCS FL. Supposedly they are great, handle very well (crank turns backwards so they turn in quicker....or so I was told) and make good power. It's a little early to tell about the longevity or other issues that pop up after a few race weekends. Whereas the Triumph is somewhat proven?

These are two bikes on the top of my list, as the Ducati thing has gotten crazy expensive, and they don't make a middleweight. Or a lightweight for that matter.

4. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I have the MV F3 675...great bike so far...the 800's had sprag clutch issues that were a warranty item...Also the gear position sensor is now to be a little flaky at lower RPMs i.e. reads a gear off. I got mine replaced under warranty as well.

I haven't had an issue with my fueling, but there were map updates for the early models

5. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I don't know where you are but Commonwealth motorcycles in Louisville has been great to me. I am tracking my F3 this year.

6. An F3 800 was on my short list (before I ultimately decided on the 1299S). I love the looks of them and the specs (weigh, HP and torque) but there just isn't much data/support/knowledge out there for them.

Livengood and I talked about it for a while and we got the idea that we basically would be bailing off into the project on our own. Not to mention parts and/or dealer support seemed hard to get.

I figured I'd give it a couple of years to see how things progressed with them.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

haha if someone with your bankroll for racing isn't willing to get into it I doubt many others are either.

8. Haha. I just didn't want to spend half the season trying to figure everything out. I'd rather let somebody else do the hard work. :D

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Racing current MV Augusta motorcycles... I've done it.

Ask me how much F4 rod bolts are.

A piece.

I no longer race MV motorcycles.

The end.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

You know I hate this thread. I remember when they came out I was like I must have one. Then I kind of forgot about it, since LWT are the best bikes ever. But now I find myself looking at the bike like everyday now. It's a work of art.

Must resist. (at least for now)

11. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

Here is more incentive to get one

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thanks for the additional motivation :moon:

It truly is a sexy beast. :beer:

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ya know, you don't have to buy MV specific rod bolts..... The rods don't care if the bolts have an OEM part number:)

14. Robby-Bobby

I hate when companies send out pre production test bikes to America where we have 100% garbage fuel.

They always complain about fueling issues (which was 100%) accurate with our fuel.

There have been several updates that dealers should do (we run each bike for updates whether it was bought from us or not) and if there are updates we handle it free of charge.

Fwiw, I like being there when they first get started after investing a new MV because whatever fuel is run in them smells SOOOOO good. They drain the tank pretty well but there is ALWAYS a residual smell:)

15. Robby-Bobby

As to the chassis, I LOVE it personally.

Being kinda a trellis hybrid IMO gives a good balance of flex and rigid.

They rail even in stock form.

Not to whore up the thread, but if you need parts or a bike, I'd be happy to help.

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Are you offering those for free?
    I will take a F3 and a F4RC please.

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

How's the suspension for racing?

18. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I know out of the box the front felt like it was set for a 130 lbs Italian. I had to add some preload and had some compression. The front liked to dive more than I would like under heavy braking until I adjusted it. With any OEM suspension, it will be best to replace when racing but I am happy with my track days on mine. I have my zx6 for racing right now.

BigBird likes this.
  19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I have the F4 RR as one of my street/track bikes. I'm in Phoenix and the underseat exhaust pipes run a little hot, but the look of the bike is enough to make up for it.

Strong bike......pulls like a freight train running off a cliff.

Life is short - you know you want one!

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

What classes is the F3 800 eligible for?