1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techlusion TFI Box

Discussion in 'General' started by etemplet, Apr 28, 2002.

1. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I called Lockhart Phillips looking for a Power Commander for my nephew's Mille and they recommended the above mentioned Box. It's supposed to be more "tuner" friendly, utilizing 3 different adjustments, more like tuning a carburetor. Here is some info that I've found at the site.

1.) Deals with the fuel injector signal after it leaves the factory ECU. (No tricking of the ECU which can limit it's effectiveness at compensating for changing altitude of weather conditions).

2.) Adjustable crossover - switch from light cruise to high performance mode.

3.) Built in electronic accelerator pump, for when you grip it and rip it. Supposed to dump more fuel than the factory map will deliver.

Anyway, since me and Neph don't tune, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this thing. Is the Power Commander more user friendly and such? Any comments?

Price.....$189. We're not worried about saving money as much as...which one is better, easier, and more dependable. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Gene
    #77 Soggy Bottom Racin'

2. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

I've got one on my bike, but I can't tell you squat about it. The guy I bought the bike from (Clint McBain) won a bunch of shit in Canada with this bike and he said it's better than power commander, so being the trusting guy I am, I said what the hell and just plan on leaving it on there..... I'll let you know something in a few months....

3. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Well,

I think you made a great decision anyway. My PCIIIr won't hold a map and I have seen 2 others that have the same problem. I'm making arrangements to send it back to Dynojet, but what a pain in the rear anyway.

Marcus

4. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

I've talked to a couple different vendors and found that someone out there (maybe Dynojet) is OEMing EFI boxes for people. The box for LP-USA is the same as the box that Motorcycle Stuff is selling, only they've got different labels on them. From all that I've heard as a parts retailer they should be good quality stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to either try, buy, or resell that product.

5. etemplet

Thanks Guys

I'm going to order the box tomorrow, what the hey. Thanks for the input.

Ride Safe!! Or...uhhhh...however you like it. Just keep the rubber side down.
    :)

6. etemplet

Got that monster ready for the track?? Are you ready??

7. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Ready, Willing, Able (maybe)

Raced at Hallet last weekend. Things went fairly well but I still couldn't put much weight on my right foot.

I ended up getting a new 1000 and swapped over race parts until I can get everything fixed properly on the other (Clean, one owner, only ridden on the weekends!!!) one. Really, it wasn' that bad, nothing really bent, BUT I have to repair one of the motor mounts. Other than that, it was fine.