1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech inspection question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Seg, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Seg

Seg New Member

Do all of the small vent tubes (3 of them) that are on each Mikuni round slider carb need to be run to a catch can?

If so, is there a problem with running them to the same catch can that receives the crankcase vent hose?

Thanks.

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I think a catch can is only need for a crankcase breather tube(s). So that no oil gets on track.

I think there isn't concern about carb drain tubes, but Mongo can give you more technical info.

3. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

If so, is there a problem with running them to the same catch can that receives the crankcase vent hose?

Thanks.[/B][/QUOTE]

Seg- there is no problem at all. Most people do not vent those with tubing at all. Real crazies like me however do. I run all of mine into the same catch can. Properly arranged and with the right color tubing you can get it to like something right out of Metropolis! [​IMG]

4. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

the most important aspect of the vent tubes is to make sure you do not allow them to sit in a low pressure area (compared with the air flow around the rest of the motor). i have all of mine vented to my breather bottle. just some insight. rob.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As they all said above do so if you prefer (I personally would) and while it isn't required to run carb vents to a catch can you probably should - if they need tubes then they probably should go somewhere any fuel coming out won't adversly affect your traction.