1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Unemployed

Discussion in 'General' started by MR-MICROPHONE, Mar 24, 2011.

1. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I know there are many of you out there who have been laid off because of force reduction or economy or whatever the excuse is. Well, I guess now it's my turn. :(

My company has announced that it will close it's Braselton facility as well as one in Ontario CA, plus reduce the force at the corporate office in Irvine, and the factory in Mexico. They have been in Braselton for 25 years and I have been with them for 16 as of March 13. That date was the beginning weekend of my vacation with the Roebling weekend ending my vacation. My boss called me on Friday at about lunch time while I was at the track. Hell of a way to end your vacation. :down: This will be the 6th and apparently final time that I will be involved with closing a department or entire facility with this company. It's been a good ride. At least I have until August 5.

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Sorry to hear that :(

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

:(
    Good luck to you.

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Sux.

But hey,you're still sexy.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's no good, Jeff. Best of luck, and let me know if I can help.

6. MR-MICROPHONE

Thanks guys. Perhaps I can slide into another job the Monday after my last day.

KJ, LOL! Thanks. Think that will pay the bills? ;)

7. MR-MICROPHONE

Thanks Kurt

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

You can coast on your looks.

9. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Boy I just hate to hear that about anybody, and with the way things have been going there sure hasn't been any shortage of "anybodies" lately...Sure hope things work out.

10. MR-MICROPHONE

Oh well then I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

11. MR-MICROPHONE

Thanks. Another division of ours has been rumored to be looking at moving into this buiding as "the company" still has a year lease remaining by the time I close the door for the final time so there is a slight possibility of an opportunity there but my boss doesn't think it will happen. You never know though.

12. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Mr M.
    What business are you in? Your specialty?

13. MR-MICROPHONE

I work in Facilities maintenance. I always tell everyone that I do everything that everyone else doesn't do. LOL!
    Also shipping & receiving, forklift, building security. A little bit of everything since I have been here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Sorry to read about your job situation; on the plus side, you seem to have worn many hats there so you'll be able to market yourself pretty widely.

Best of luck with the next step :up:

15. MR-MICROPHONE

Thanks. Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm pretty versatile. So hopefully that will pay off in the long run. Thanks! :up:

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That sucks, Jeff, but at least you have till August to work on something new. I'm sure you'll be able to come out of this fine.

17. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Man, with all the out of work/underemployed talent on this board we could start one hell of a commune without the granolahead-Leninist boooshiet baggage...

18. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Good luck with things, I hope the best for you.

19. MR-MICROPHONE

Thanks John. Yeah I have some time yet and already a couple of leads plus with all of the vendors that I have worked with over the years I should be able to find something suited for me. Thanks!

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It bites, but the amount of notice is nice. I was told late Sept. That my job didn't exist after Oct. They found me something else to do at the last moment. I'm sure things will work out for you. If not, come live in my yard and do odd jobs here. It doesn't pay, but there are motorcycles to ride.