1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Promotions New Policy

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Handicapped Racer, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

The way I am reading it, is he looked at the schedule linked off the home page and some of those days were canceled . If he would have logged in like he was going to preregister he would have seen it was a no go.

I agree with him you cancel days update the schedule linked off your home page.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Kinda what I was thinking, sorry to say, i don't do alot of pre registration. if you're full someone is bound not to show up?

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

As someone that doesn't have a dog in the fight, I can see both sides of it. TPM should have updated their site, and anyone who showed up without checking first should have checked. It sucks all around no doubt but I think both parties are to blame.

Going forward I am sure TPM will do a better job of updating the website and I am sure anyone who showed up without checking first will check and make sure an event is going on before just showing up the morning of.

4. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

Oh man that must of sucked to drive there and then the event is cancelled. I gotta say though, if you don't call or pre register to any track events sooner or later this was bound to happen. This late in the season, I'm sure events are light in attendance so some things can be cancelled. I'm a TPM member and I was thinking about the date too, but it said pre-registration was closed. I figured the date was a no go.

I'm sure this would happen in Nesba too. Last year, I registered for a mid october summit main date. I believe it was Oct. 17th or 18th? And then sure enough since I pre-registered, I got an email telling me the date was cancelled. It was 3 days before the event. I never saw it say cancelled on the event registration page either.

I would say for next time, call the track day provider.

5. Handicapped Racer

HUH?????? Seriously????????
    Tpm Events Schedule.

Art School Schedule

10/14 T-bolt date Cancelled

Gp Moto Schedule

So there are 2 sources, art school page, the events page, but here's a 3rd source. Their forum has nothing posted, nut I see they posted the rescheduling of the Oct 14th T-Bolt , and the Gp Moto, date being cancelled. Isn't that what most Web masters do, important info gets stuck at the top.

Maybe, I'm slightly new at this, but I am "assuming" track days follow the norm of ANY other racing or spectator Org. So basically what your saying is that, one should take the schedule with a grain of salt, pre register pay for the day, cause that's the only way I'll know if it's a no go, and then be happy with a credit, when the event falls through. Either way if that's what your saying, you've got my money, and all I have is a piece of paper that's only worth something to that particular ORG. So if there was another option, ie Nesba Roger Lyle, hell take my slow ass to a race weekend, I have to pay twice to get one! This isn't a "2fer" one lol, "I had to think that one out" or say naw I won't go riding this weekend cause I'm not really sure they'll actually be there. Naw that's ok, I'll pass. I say this only because I may not want to solely ride with tpm, I may not care which Org i run, I could just want to get a fix in.

Or the other option, you unexpectedly get out of work early on friday night, pop on line to see who's where,.......where can I go.......fuck these schedules are reliable, I'll just wait till the am and call to make sure there really gonna be there. Would hate to drive 2-4 hours and find out I'm the only asshole to show up! DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GOOD MOVE!

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, as was mentioned earlier, TPM was in the process of moving their offices so not all things were perhaps given as much attention as they could have?

But additionally, in both of those instances you mentioned above (NJMP on 10/14 and Summit on 10/18) it looks like not only were notices sent out to those who pre-registered, but posts were also made about it in their messageboard forum 10 days prior to each event. So even if you didn't pre-register you could have also seen it in the forum 10 days ahead of time. Obviously you must read their forum if you found those 2 posts there.

7. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

I am going to answer this with a yes in regards to TPM. My example is:
    TPM came out with Full Throttle memebership pay $295 memebership fee and track days cost $125 $100 or $75 depending on the day. I looked at the schedule you were refering to. I said nice, bought that membership thinking great prices at tracks I ride when I can get time off. 2 Summit Mains-canceled, Beaverun-canceled, various NJMSP dates-canceled.

I will not be riding with TPM again. This just does not seem like the org for me.

8. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Possibly. However, in the case of NESBA, I think they hold they day for you all day long, so if someone doesn't show up, but doesn't actually cancel, that day still isn't available to a walk-in. At least that's what they used to do. If the day isn't full, I guess you can register that day.

Other clubs are different; if you aren't there in time for registration and tech, your spot can be sold to a walk-in.

Guess it depends on the org...

I have no experience with tpm.

Seems like, in general, with any org, pre-reg is always better if you want to be guaranteed a spot. NESBA seems to sell out, with the exception of dates these past couple of months.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. tommymac

tommymac Well-Known Member

That was my logic as well. I was hoping to ride those 4 beaver run dates, which were canceled with hardly any notice or fanfare. I had also planne dto ride the 2 summit dates in october. Fortunatley or unfortunatley work and personal stuff kept me from going anyway, but the FT while a good idea was a waste of money for me.

10. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

hey T, next event, you should pre-register, and mail in your fee. a box with the full amount in pennies should work fine :D

11. Handicapped Racer

I would assume, "that's just the idiot in me" that a scheduled event would be at the top of some one's list, I mean hell, you WERE just at the track the day before, :confused: I would think someone would say hey dude, aren't we doing 3 days instead of 2?

But additionally, in both of those instances you mentioned above (NJMP on 10/14 and Summit on 10/18) it looks like not only were notices sent out to those who pre-registered, but posts were also made about it in their messageboard forum 10 days prior to each event. So even if you didn't pre-register you could have also seen it in the forum 10 days ahead of time. Obviously you must read their forum if you found those 2 posts there.
    [/QUOTE]

I see your point CLEARLY at that, and one would think exactly the way you do, BUT it's not on the "PAGE, at all it's NO WHERE" unless i missed it. Looking at the general forum 1st, 2nd, and 3rd page makes no mention of it what's so ever, so at the end of the day, how was I wrong.

Information is at our finger tips, hell I can call Dmv and ask them what their requirements are for a M/c license, I get told, ok go to WWW.rfws.com.

I know what the problem is, stupid me started racing before attending Track days, so my ass is spoiled, I figure if somethings going on that's important Sharon, Ev, Or Sean would sticky it! Heck even dutch, Papa, Dave K all of the mods posting "HEY DUMB ASS LOOK HERE" anyone one mentioning Johnny Rock Page gets BANNED" How could I be so freakin stupid! won't happen again

12. Handicapped Racer

Shh they don't know the real Asshole side of me yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ass hole letting the cat outta the bag.
    I did wish you a happy B-day didn't I?:beer:

13. Handicapped Racer

Message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people who don't know when they can get the time to go, these people are still your CUMSTOMER BASE!!!!!

I guess it's safe to assume you all discourage walk ups stagglers, broke bitches, what ever you want to call them. If your web page isn't to be trusted why have it?

14. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Correct. If someone has paid for the day, it is their's all day long. It is not sold again. There can be instances where someone has a flat, gets caught in traffic, etc - it is still their spot all day long. Additionally, NESBA does not resell spots of crashed riders - in the past this just lead to people seeing an ambulance roll and start chomping on the bit to get the person's spot. NOT paying attention to what is important (i.e. whether the rider is okay).

But if a day is not full, anyone is welcome to show up the morning of the trackday and register on the spot.

15. Mkuriawa

Mkuriawa Well-Known Member

I agree with all the comments here but unfortunately you will probably never receive a response from TPM regarding the terrible scheduling changes this year. Here is a copy of a message I sent them back on October 4th after they canceled another NJMSP date. Keep in mind that this was part of a conversation that was already going on and the person from TPM was very prompt getting back to me on replies up until I sent this.

Names removed from the message to protect the innocent, perhaps if more people email them directly they will get the point and not pull this type of stuff again in the future.

"I have to say **** that I am seriously disappointed with TPM overall this year and the Full Throttle experience. I signed up for full throttle based on the large amount of days available and pricing, so far this year many of the days including Summit Point, Beaver Run, and some NJMSP dates have been canceled. Being a Nesba member since 1999 and riding with TPM at select events in the past I have come to expect better business ethics out of such a large organization. At this point I almost feel that the full throttle program and dates were never set in stone and you took customers money knowing it, leaving us to deal with all the cancellations.

While FT is a great idea it has been poorly executed this season and I am not the only person who thinks so. Now you are accepting prepayments for the 2011 program, how can **** and the organization as a whole think it is OK to draw people in with a schedule that is not set in stone and expect them to stick around as dates get pulled every month? Something to think about."

I predict 10+ pages on this thread with it heading downhill fast!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  16. Handicapped Racer

WHIMP!

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm glad that I saw this and the other post cause I was just on TPM's website and was thinking that the Full Throttle deal seemed to be a okay deal. Until I read the above.

So it seems as though they are taking people's money on tentative trackdays and cancelling when not enough people register.

Thanks for the heads up :tut:

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We don't discourage walk-ups, we do reward those who sign up early with a discount and a guranteed spot. If space is available we welcome at-track sign ups! Some folks don't mind paying a bit of a premium for a weather gurantee.

19. Handicapped Racer

That wasn't meant for you SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Question: Did TPM offer a cash refund for the prepaid dates that were cancelled? Or did they just offer credits for future dates? What happens with those credits if TPM folds up and disappears this winter? 2xIDB?
    Just curious how they are handling this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.