1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teach me about: Flat trackin'

Discussion in 'General' started by SGVRider, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I raced at Perris back in 1974...:D

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The first time he rode the TCR HD XR750 he was 15 years old! He was 16 or 17 I believe in the photo.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Tommy Conner's bike out of Austin?

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Originally Total Control Racing which became Tom Cummings Racing out of Mt. Morris Michigan.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

OK, thanks. I wondered what connection he would have with the Austin, TX Tommy Conner Racing shop.

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

There is a horse barrel racing facility a few blocks from my current house. They just started flat tracking bikes use the place on Friday and Saturday nights. Not sure if I would enjoy riding or crashing into horse crap though.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Training rings don't have crap left in them, they're kept pretty clean.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep.

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Growing up in the NYC suburbs the only horses I ever saw were the mechanical ones outside the.grocery store. Still don't know shit about them other than my oldest daughter takes equine therapy with them.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And anyway it's only a little grass and water. :D
    Did my first flattrack session on my cr150f a couple weeks ago. Lots o fun!!!! Can't wait for Lodi Cycle bowl to start up again.

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I remember the Haydens coming down to Devils Bowl Speedway in Mesquite when Nicky could barley touch the ground on an 80. Danny was racing a Peewee 50, and AJ was running an 80. I believe the Hayden boys won just about every race they entered that day, and AJ got second. Danny won the Peewee running away. The Haydens are good people. Real nice and willing to give the shirt off their back to help a fellow racer.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Didn't the bikes run coal fired steam engines back then?:D

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Earl's cool. When Nicky won the 200 at Daytona in 2002 he took a picture of me holding Nicky's trophy (with my camera). Very personable guy. Unfortunately, I lost track of the picture.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The first thing I was going to suggest is to have a large set of brass balls transplanted so you have what's necessary to pitch a bike sideways at 90 plus mph if you decide to try 1/2 mile. Add 20 mph to that if you go with the mile track. :)

15. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Remember Mark Brelsford..? Spectacular on the mile.

Shoot, I rode most short track, the 1/2 mile was a bit scary..:eek:

Indoor tracks like the Cow Palace were tons of fun, even with 30 guys on the grid..:crackup:

16. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

good leathers

you'll need good leathers . you'll fall a lot. the dirt bike synthetics don't cut it on the mile or 1/2 mile either. all leather no cloth . most just pad the left hip and elbow well and though most don't I feel a back protector is a must. but then again I lost my spleen to a footpeg . not trying to sell a suit justelling you what you'll need. you may want to go vintage too . check out www.vintagehotshoe.com it may help you decide which way to go ( besides counterclockwise) all the best. b bill and darethea

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:moon:

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Flattracking ATV's is mega-cool.

I did that when I found out I couldn't jump a motorcycle on MX tracks. :eek:

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Fixed

I stopped racing ATV's when they switched them to four wheels, loved racing my 250r, both flat track and motocross.

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I had an ATC250R when I was young.

Saw it scare the crap out of a few potential buyers, too, when I decided to sell it. :D