1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tankless Water Heater

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Yes, he does know what he's talking about. You are the one who does not.

What you are suggesting is illegal. It's illegal because it's dangerous. Calling it "temporary" doesn't change that.

The NEC has the force of law in most of the US. Where it doesn't, it's because the local codes are usually MORE strict, not less. Violating or ignoring the NEC is stupid, and potentially lethal.

As beac pointed out, if you set your house on fire because you did something illegal, even if it was just "temporary," your insurance company can refuse your claim.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Done by a certified Union pipefitter no less :D

RRP, ducnut and beac83 like this.
  3. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

where did I tell the guy to plug it into an extension cord permanently? show me.
    I said if your power goes out, you can use it on a generator.
    which you have no clue about because it sounds like you are a home inspector? right up there with bored housewife real estate agent. the job listings all over the country advertised with no experience necessary. you don't know shit about the requirements of the water heater.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  4. blue03R6

it says right in the water heater owners manual DO NOT USE IT WITH A GFI. and codes very from town to town and state to state. page 13 buddy, https://www.hotwater.com/Resources/Literature/Instruction-Manuals/Residential-Gas/ProLine®-XE-Power-Vent-40/50-Gal-Manual-(100271615)/

i'm not sure what connections you think you see in my picture. it's not there.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  5. blue03R6

if it's a bad idea it would say so in the owners manual of the heater.
    here it is, have a look for yourself. also notice, it says no use of a GFI plug.
    https://www.hotwater.com/Resources/Literature/Instruction-Manuals/Residential-Gas/ProLine®-XE-Power-Vent-40/50-Gal-Manual-(100271615)/
    it sure is amazing how much none of you actually know but pretend you're authority here lol.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

Such a sad little man...

7. blue03R6

are you butthurt I'm right? thought so. when you guys actually don't know what youre talking about. because none of you are in this field of work. you're the 3 stooges.
    I provided you with the manual. show me where I'm wrong...

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tell ya what, sunshine...you tell me what anything in this picture is, other than the torpedo heater and ladder, and I will bow down in awe to your incredible wisdom and experience...

:crackup:

Attached Files:

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see some OSB, Tyvek, Stone, a large disconnect and an A/C compressor.

Bow mother fucker...

pickled egg likes this.
  10. blue03R6

lol it's just a bunch of electric boxes. let me take a picture of some random boxes and let you guess what they have inside. ok. youre a dipshit.

11. Venom51

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Here, Gomer. I’ll give you a sneak peek. This is what’s inside two of those things. What are they?

Attached Files:

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And this

Attached Files:

14. Venom51

No wonder nothing works. All the wires are the same color.

pickled egg likes this.
  15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The beeb hasn’t seen full retard in quite some time. :Pop:

16. blue03R6

you tell me what this is. see both of us can play dipshit retard pickled egg brains.

Attached Files:

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Go for it, Bozo.

See if you can stump me.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ceiling
    Floor
    walls
    wires
    HVAC compressor