1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tally results

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by promod, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

It does look that way. This was the first lap, I was setting them up to pass, did not want to force it in the turn so I apexed it early and way outside to get a run on them both. The two pictures are actually reverse order. Draik rides very well I enjoyed the races, it was a great start to the season!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The orginal of these two are awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. promod

promod Well-Known Member

MET JOE P. LAST YEAR,,WHO ARE THE OTHER FOLKS IN THAT IMPRESSIVE PHOTO:beer:FOR THE CAMERA PERSON,,DAM THATS FINE. AS THEY SAID IN BUTCH CASS. AND SUNDANCE KID--wHO ARE THOSE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.V5--OR V6 CLASS ,,THANKS...........:clap:...

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Dustin, awesome pic there. Is that a Highside photo or somebody else?

Steve, that is lap 1 of the V6lw race. 767 is Bryant Gripp, 30 is Dustin, 241 is Steve Webster. Also in the backgroung is Bryant's wife Paulette. Lucky man that Bryant......

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Great shots

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Could you get a little closer to Joe next time? I would love to hear how his bike sounds when turning a wheel in anger. Get to see the it on the race stands all the time in his garage. :D

:beer:

7. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

now im ready to race- sweet looking shots!

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I tried after getting by Gripp but then came up on traffic and lost the little I gained on him, then looked back and saw I had second with a Lap left and already had my tire slip out a little earlier in the race so second was good. Don't thinkin woulda caught him anyways tho.

Awesome pic huh!! Its from Lori at Stoporillshoot,

9. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Hard to see but Gripp is between Joe and Dustin in that first pic. Great shots!

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dang. Good eye. I had to go back and look at it real close.:up:

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I JUST noticed that! I figured it might be turn 2 on the first lap and Gripp was out front a little. But not I see his Dianesse (sp) sleeve. I love the pic because of the train the background.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I finally saw the blue knee puck. Joe was looking too slick and clean in his red, white, and black to be sporting blue.:D

13. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I think it is lap 2 but more likely 3. I think if it was 2 Paulette would still be in the background.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I could hear your bikes breathing down my back for most of the race. It's nerve wracking to hear a bike but not see it. Dont't know if the person is going inside or outside.

15. promod

promod Well-Known Member

JOE,,THANKS--WHAT BRAND AND SIZE MOTOR ARE THE BIKES IN THE PHOTOS USING,,THIS GIVES ME A BETTER OVERALL UNDERSTANDING OF THE CLASSES...V5 AND V6LW ,,SAY 1ST THRO 5-OR 6TH POSITION IN EACH CLASS,THEY DON'T LIST THAT IN MY-LAPS INFO....IT APPEARS THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD BIKE COMBOS AND ALL ARE VERY COMPETITIVE,,WERA'S RULES MAKERS HAVE HIT ON A FAIR COMBO FOR BOTH CLASSES FOR SURE,,,,,,THANKS FOLKS --STEVE..................:clap::beer:

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

V6lw had 4 Honda Hawks in it. The best bikes for the class IMO are FZR400, Hawks, or a hybrid like mine. V5 is a differnt story. That Ducati F1 is a class slayer with the right mods.

17. promod

promod Well-Known Member

JOE THANKS ,,DOES ANYONE RUN THE DUCATI F1 IN V5 THAT U WERE SPEAKING OF AT THIS TIME,,AND WHAT SIZE ARE THE HAWKS (CC'S) THANKS AND GOOD SUNDAY TO U AND YOUR LOVELY BRIDE--SEEYAAAAA,,STEVE....................:clap:

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Bowie won several V5 championships on his, but is currently not racing his. The Hawks are 650cc in stock form. Not sure what the engines are in race trim. You would have to ask the owners.

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

FZR's are def the best bikes for the class that's for sure. If I ever got this damn Hybrid one I have together it would do well.

20. promod

promod Well-Known Member

Hey,,thanks guys !! . I'm gaining on it. Hope everybody is doing ok..................... :D