1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally in Feb

Discussion in 'General' started by Jason Coleman, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

Anyone form the Louisville, KY or southern Indiana area making the trip? I am hoping to share some expenses.

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

If you guys don't plan on camping a good place to stay is the Travelodge in Anniston. They have single rooms for $30/night and they have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. A double room will run you about $40. It's only 6 miles from the track. :)

3. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

and it still has that feeling of camping when bugs crawl by :D

4. WERA29

I've never seen a bug in the place. It's really not that bad. For as much time as you spend there you can't beat the price. :)

5. Jason Coleman

Thanks, maybe I will plan on saving the food money and just eat the bugs. :) How many people usually go to Ed's school? This is my first trip to Tally and I am planning on showing for the school.

6. WERA29

Traditionally Ed's school is packed in Feb as it's the first race weekend of the year. Lots of people travel from frozen destinations just to get some track time and shake off the winter cobwebs.

If you plan to take his school then definitely pre-register now before it fills up. Ed is holding his first race school of the year at TGPR next weekend. Saturday the 25th is an advanced street rider school and Sunday the 26th is his normal race school. It shouldn't be too crowded if you want to get the school out of the way sooner. :)

7. edlaw13

edlaw13 Bells Honda Racing

we are going.
    platinum racing ,we are a new team. we have a 24' trailer.
    not sure how much room we will have with 3 bikes and equipment. check with me later.

we are based out of Frenchburg Ky 1 hour East of Lexington

8. Jason Coleman

Thanks Ed.

9. Jason Coleman

I have a question about the Travelodge in Anniston. I am not trying to bust WERA 29's balls but the Travelodge website lists rooms in Oxford, but not Anniston. Mapquest shows Oxford in between the track and Anniston. The price was the same. This will be my first time racing at Tally and I just want to make sure of the details before I arrive. Thanks. :)

10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

thats probably the place. i don't think there are 2 of em there, it's really not that big. oxford and anniston seem like kinda the same place to me.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

The motel is at the Anniston/Oxford exit. It is the same one wera29 is talking about.