1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega-GP facilities question...

Discussion in 'General' started by Flying998, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

First trip to Tally coming up and after numerous searches I'm still looking for some info on the facilities there...

- Power (30/50A)??? On a scale of plentiful/OK/sparse which is it? I can relate to Barber, CMP, VIR, RA, Roebling...

- Pits and/or camping surface??? Paved like Barber, Grass like Roebling/CMP, or Dirt like VIR?

- RV/Toy Hauler pit hookups??? From the website it looks like they have a separate row for RVs, but can we park it in the pits? If so, how's the electric hook up?

Any other info appreciated and looking forward to a great weekend at the end of the month...

Thanks,

2. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

- Power (30/50A)??? On a scale of plentiful/OK/sparse which is it? I can relate to Barber, CMP, VIR, RA, Roebling... There are some 110V power outlets, but not many. They usually will sell out pretty early.

- Pits and/or camping surface??? Paved like Barber, Grass like Roebling/CMP, or Dirt like VIR? Most of the pits are grass/dirt, but the RV spots are on pavement. There is a row of pavement that you can set-up your canopy and bikes on, but park in the grass.

- RV/Toy Hauler pit hookups??? From the website it looks like they have a separate row for RVs, but can we park it in the pits? If so, how's the electric hook up? There is a row specifically for RV's with 30A power, no sewer or water. If you park the RV elsewhere, you are on your own for power.

3. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

Power is ok, I've not had any trouble getting it, but I try to always get there the eve before.

The pits are both paved and grass.

4. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

Our first time too...

What's the food, fuel, and shower situation like?

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

New showers are good. 2 or 3 stalls I think.
    1 small snack shack, I'd bring food knowing the way you 2 eat.

6. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

We've cut back...got an endurance race to get in shape for!

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Depends on when you get there. Gates will be open Thursday evening (I would assume since there is racing on Friday), that's when the power will start being taken.

Chow is good.

Showers in the tower are nice. Showers in the blockhouse are not so nice but functional. There are 2 in the tower and 1 in the blockhouse (per gender).

I have no clue on fuel.

8. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

The nice showers are in the Race control Silo.

9. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

This past Feb there was a truck with at least one, maybe two, types of fuel. Was a bit hard to track down the wera guy with the key, though, as he was multi-tasking.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The guy with the key to the fuel isn't one of ours, he's a track guy but you should be able to go to the concession stand and they can track him down pretty quickly. He is definitely doing a number of jobs as Rick said.

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Good facility, and like has been posted, bring a generator. Power is usually gone by the time I arrive. Great, laid back atmosphere. Fun track. Enjoy!!!
    Stickboy has the best shade tree reserved.

12. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Kerry... hopefully I won't need you to turn in my Xpndr like at RoadATL :bow:

Normally I show up the night before, however this time I might be rolling in with the 5th wheel Friday around the time of the Vintage Races, so I was wondering if I have a shot at a decent spot for it with power. I know there will be some guys who will be leaving after the event but others like me (and the Endurance Teams) will be showing up.

I also surmise that, like Roebling, if I arrive while the race is on then I'll have to wait until it is over to cross into the pit area.

See you all there...

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yep, you have to wait for them to let you through if there is a race going on since you have to cross the track