1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talik about WMD...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SpongeBob WeaselPants, Apr 1, 2003.

1. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Yes guys, Saddams probably the most viscious A-hole going, but this info is new to me. Not saying we're doing it now but still it's pretty shocking...

Peruse the first & third paragraph, then flame away, I can take it... :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No flames sorry but I do have a couple of questions -

What's this got to do with now?

And what percentage of current weapons use DU?

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

iraq, should glow alot more.

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

nothing... I'm just baiting, but no fun, you're the only one that bit. I was looking for a fried-baby shot for the war photo thread and found this. Time to go back to work... :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I had my way, Iraq would be a giant cat box for my three cats to sh@t in.

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I wouldn't mind seeing a signthat says "Welcome to Baghdad, home of the worlds largest parking lot".

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With that much sand wouldn't it be more like "Welcome to Baghdad - Home of the Worlds Largest Art Glass Bazaar!"

8. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Could be the new set for "Crusty Demons of Dirt 5,6, and 7":D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, with all that sand, I'd never have to scoop out another cat sand log.
    Hell, I might switch over to using the litter box with all the space to drop a floater.

10. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Roll it around in the sand and it would resemble one of those cinamon & sugar coated Stuckey's pecan logs things

another thread down the shitter :D

11. RacerTech

RacerTech Well-Known Member

Everything that's armor piercing. The guns on the Warthogs, Apache helicopters, our heavy and light armored vehicles (tanks, etc), artillery ...

DU itself isn't the problem... it's far less radioactive than naturally occuring Uranium (hense, 'depleted'). Handling the rounds or even being around them probably isn't all that dangerous.

The problem is the dust that is caused by using it to blow things up. Inhailing the dust is rather bad for you. Also, the stuff has a half-life of 4.5 billion years ... so it doesn't go away.

- RT

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i've wondered why we don't fill C130's with land fill refuse, and raw sewage. what would be more insulting than dropping trash and shit, instead of bombs. and, what leader would not go down in history as the baddest M F'r ever? :D

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The dust is not widely dispersed throughout the region. If you were one of the Iraqis in the tanks hit with the DU rounds you were more susceptible to death from your body burning or exploding than from slight radiation absorption.

DU is widely used, it is very dense similar to tungsten, lead, etc. DU is actually used as shielding for radiation(kind of ironic) in instances.

DU is also used as counter weights on the airplanes you fly in. My company is one of few licensed to handle these weights. Most are being converted to tungsten because of public paranoia.

We have also talked with the Kuwait government concerning disposal of bombed out tanks that are contaminated with DU.

The cancers that study mention could easily be caused by various of contaminants from war such as chemicals(not just used as weapons).

Your body will pass DU through it so that minimizes damage through the biological half-life. The stuff is much less of a radiation hazard than smoking cigarettes.

DU is quite heavy(ie, dust is quite heavy) therefore it doesn't just get easily blown around in the air. Use of DU in desert warfare is not a huge risk to the population(war is a bigger risk). DU use in a highly populated urban area could be an issue but it likely will not be used widely there.

The use of DU in these wars is not a huge risk. The anti-nuke researchers like to take the numbers as huge blocks of radiation and make unrealistic estimations for uptakes then base their dreadful findings on bullshit calculations.

If you want the most effective way to avoid radiation the quite smoking and stay out of basements.

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Pollution is probably the least of an Iraqi citizen's problems given Saddam's & Co's penchant for murder, rape, etc. I mean, who lives long enough to worry about long term health problems?

The article mentions that 1/3 of Iraq's population is 15 years old or younger. What happened to all of the adults?

15. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member