1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tahiti

Discussion in 'General' started by Pittenger5, Jan 13, 2019.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Bora Bora was another world. Definitely the most beautiful tropical place you'll find but also full of all the selfie taking douche bags. We sat by the pool all day laughing at girls making their men do photo shoots for them so they could go sit on their phones posting them on instaface or whatever. We didn't really leave the Conrad because we had breakfast and dinner included but the food sucked there for what you are paying. Beers were $10 a piece, cheeseburger costs $35, a fancy drink in a tiki glass was $25, a bottle of water is $9, it adds up quick there but whatever.... there's no where else to go for it so suck it up. . We did a jet ski tour one day that was f@ckin rad. It was all the way around the mountain island in the middle but inside the "ring" so the views were incredible the whole 2 hours. You should do that if you have the chance.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Do you think we need to rent a car? Or can make due without one?

3. cpettit

The last couple nights we were there we stayed on the west coast of Tahiti and the waves out past the reef were the biggest i've ever seen. It was my first time in that part of the world so maybe it's commonplace but we kept saying how crazy it would be to try and surf there with all the reef everywhere. The waves seemed to break right on top of it.

4. cpettit

In Moorea you need a car if you want to explore. It wasn't expensive and we picked it up right at the ferry dock when we got off the boat. It was from Europecar but we rented through autoeurope.com i always use that site for international rentals. When we returned it they ran us over to the airport to catch our flight to Bora Bora for free. On the inter island flights there is no security so you can bring all teh liquids (booze) you want with you. They are strict about carry on size and total baggage weights though so make sure to check the air Tahiti website. I had to put the wife's over packing in check before we went haha.

Brush up on your French!

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

depends. on Bora Bora I would say no. The guide we had said in 20 minutes if you drive this road you'll be back right here.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

When we went to Bora Bora, wow almost 15 years ago, there was none of that instafamous stuff. It was very secluded, and basically you got to know everyone because it was so special and small. But at that point they were already expanding, and bigger chain hotels was starting construction. It is super beautiful, and yes very EXPENSIVE for everything, but again it's in the middle of no where.

cpettit likes this.
  7. cpettit

Yeah no need for a car in Bora Bora. All the hotels are on Motu's (little islands) so nowhere to drive anyway. A boat picks you up at the airport and drops you at the hotel.

IMG_1897b.jpg IMG_2058b.jpg IMG_1888b.jpg

10-15, HPPT, cm1744 and 2 others like this.
  8. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

cpettit likes this.