1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-pro armor fitting questions...

Discussion in 'General' started by grendels_arm, Jul 22, 2008.

1. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

I have their back protector, chest/rib protector and the armored shorts. I have an older Dainese suit I've been wearing for years. My suit comes with a back protector that snaps in the suit and had a strap just around the waste. It was just an older CE standard and I wanted to get the newer T-pro one. I don't have a chest protector so I wanted that. And the foam in the suit for the thigh and hip areas is pretty thin and basically won't help much if any.

So last night I tryed on the T-pro rib protector and back protector which both have straps over the shoulder. The suit is definitely a good bit tougher to zip up. Anyways even though I have the small size back protector without even putting a helmet on if I tilt my head back too much it will hit the top of the back protector. Anyone else had this with even a small?

Not only that but with everything on the straps of the chest and back protector feel really tight now. Like I can't even stand up totally straight. Just not used to it. I know safety if important but geez it's not comfortable at least standing up.

I've yet to put the armor in the shorts and to try them on but I seriously doubt the added thickness of the armor will allow me to fit the suit over my thighs and even if so it will be mega tight I think. Need to try but I'm basing this on how tight the leather is without them on. Not much room.

Anyways I'm thinking of trying the T-pro chest protector with the Dainese back protector and if it's comfortable enough selling the T-pro one. And if the shorts fit like I think they will selling them as well. I'll just have to risk not having really good armor in the thigh/hip area.

I really want to have good safety gear but when it's not comfortable it makes it tough to want to wear it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008