1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sv650s, raditor fluid ??????

Discussion in 'General' started by svdale, Apr 21, 2002.

1. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

building a race bike and almost done, but should i run straight water in the raditor or go with an a race product i believe called water wetter, just let me know what i should I should run in it, thanks Dale

2. CamCool

CamCool Beer is good food

Use distilled water with water wetter (Redline product). The water wetter will help keep the temp. a little lower compared to plain water. Do not use engine ice (blue stuff), even though someone may tell you it is legal on the track, I think WERA says it is not.
    Rob

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup, WERA says nothing but H20 or H2O mixed with watter wetter.

------------------
    Sean Clarke
    WERA Motorcycle Roadracing

4. lightsmith

lightsmith Seenyer Member

5. rob996

rob996 Well-Known Member

Another plus is water wetter also will prevent aluminum corrosion. Maybe not the largest concern on a racebike however.

6. GKing

GKing Well-Known Member

Use the water wetter with H2O. Will raise the boiling point of the water which is a plus on a race bike in the summer.

7. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

water wetter does NOT raise boiling point to any significant degree if at all. What it does is break the surface tension of water and allows better conduction of the water to the metal surface that it is in contact with (head, radiator fins, etc) this allows the heat to be exchanged more effectivley. It also works in the race hauler with anti-freeze by doing the same thing.