1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 Sprockets

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA522, May 11, 2002.

1. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

What are you all running at
    TWS
    NPR
    Hallet
    Oak Hill
    Cresson

Thanks!!!!

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Don't you mean gearing?

Try using a front and a rear. That seems to work best. :p

3. dave333

dave333 traveler

Re: Don't you mean gearing?

thats what i've been doing wrong... :rolleyes:

4. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

SV Sprockets

I think I have those, what about the upper and lower sprockets. The ones located near the muffler bearings. I think one is too large, it put a slice in the muffler and I am leaking muffler fluid. I will fix that tomorrow. Really, what tooth front and rear sprockets are y'all running, and I would rather not hear any Arkansas tooth jokes. Thanks.

5. dave333

dave333 traveler

spacely sprockets...

here's george jetson... :D

i have been running stock rear and a 14t in front at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, Grattan and Road Atlanta. i don't hit the rev limiter at any of these tracks by the end of the longest straight, although if i get a good drive out of 7 at RA it is close to the rev limiter by my braking marker. i'm either a real slow rider or my gearing is correct. in fact, it seems to me i could probably go 1 up in back for BHF and Grattan to maximize drive out of corners and top speed on the straights...

you should gear for hitting/nearly hitting the rev limiter at the end of the longest straight. that's the way i've been told to figure out gearing... :confused:

6. Go Blue

Go Blue Well-Known Member

Stock Front, 46T rear at Road Atlanta. 47T rear was too much.

7. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

8. texasF4

texasF4 Tallest Guy at the Track

You would probably get a reply on those specific tracks if you posted this question on the RPM BBS (the WERA affiliate for that region).