1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV Superbike Weight & Horsepower

Discussion in 'General' started by hatman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

sv power

82.8 on the KWS Dynojet Dyno. 50% pump 50% VP110
    all oem parts

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Re: sv power

OEM Italian cams;)

3. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i was speaking of the svraceshop bike owned by clayton. The bike is ti,mag,and carbon fiber everything. He had a 750 or 755 engine that was putting down 100+. def. had reliability problems, but that was what the bike put down. this isn't a "i heard of this or that" these are the cold hard facts.

4. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

When ya get up near the 100 range...I found the transmission was the weak link. Then again...there was the one engine that sawed itself in half. DOH!

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

What year bike? And what oem parts? That whole intake cam / exhaust cam trick is still using oem parts. Ya know!

And Nolan...I'm guessing you need that extra hp huh? You aren't exactly tiny ya know!

:)

6. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

sv power

I'll have you know, MudDawg, that I'm a mere 221 lbs!

03 SV, stock intake cam, stock exhaust cam, .008 off the bottom of the cylinder, .040 off the heads, one layer removed from the head gasket, ports cleaned up with a $15.00 Harbor Freight pencil grinder, M4 pipe, K&N filter, 82.8 hp.

Nothing fancy, not the fastest, reliable.

7. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Damn...you are almost svelte. :)

I didn't think a true stock bike would be making that much hp. My 03 only makes 73 hp in SS form. And yeah...I KNOW it's a dog down the straights. Kinda obvious when I feel like I'm running against bloody 1000's.

Maybe I'll change the oil this year. Mebbe. :)

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

My 3mm engine was starving for fuel/air. At Marmo, Martin said best he could get was 85.
    The "back up" engine that we won with every time we used it made 82 with U4, same mods as Nolan's

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Are there any easy (read cheap) ways to lose weight from an SV? Mine weighs 376 lbs full of fuel. I realize it's probably more along the lines of a lot of little things adding up to a lot of weight removed. Has anyone tried adapting a GSXR sub-frame to an SV (its aluminum vs steel)?

10. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

weight loss

starting in 2004, the oem subframes are aluminum.

11. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Axlejak subframe (I think SpeedWerks had a light alternative as well. You can certainly find one out there)

Titanium axles

Dymag - magnesium rims

Wave rotors

6 wire harness

Titanium bolts all over the engine & bike

I could do more with a lighter tank...but they tend to rip open. No Flambe' of Stevie thank you very much.

12. Scott T

Scott T Well-Known Member

I've heard 103hp and 298 lbs for Key's superbike. I don't know for fact, just repeating the #'s I heard.

13. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

HP seems to be in the ballpark from what Dave Doe's bike was supposed to have. As for the weight...no clue. Not like Key is very big. That's gonna help quite a bit.

My SV was making about 98 at the wheel....and I pretty much got bitchslapped on the walls at Daytona. I couldn't stay with the bike....even in the draft.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Mark is one of the rulemakers for "another org.", I think he's looking for real world averages for SB SV's, not the few that are taken to the absolute limit. I do wonder why he's asking now, seeing as the '06 rules are in place already...:Poke:

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Mark- from what I've seen Doug's bike is pretty much the "standard" SB- 85 HP from 2mm over and flatsides (cams?), about 360 lbs. wet. He could drop another 10 off the bike fairly cheaply (still had stock subframe), but more than that gets pricey.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

my bike makes 86hp and 52 ft/lb torque with OEM cams(intake/intake),3mm over pistons,light port/valve cleaning,running pump gas/low compression and has 26 hours on motor(my gauges count running time,that is more than season worth of racing).bike weights 330 pounds.
    it can easily make more with minimum mods but than I would not need hour counter,lap timer will work just fine :)
    btw,dyno run was done few weeks ago,with motor already having 25 hours on it.
    this is as far I will build my motors.stop at local gas station,hit starter button and go.
    anything more that will not last half season is not superbike sv,it is bomb.

17. TWF2

remember year i was down there,Bobby told me he was backing of the throttle not to make it so obvious how fast his bike was(MB sv at time).it did blow up in smoke in last race of weekend.

18. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Yeah....I talked with Matt B. and Frank Strohman about that bike. Basically it had a 1 weekend engine in it. Damned thing smoked Doe's bike....and Doe's left mine for dead.

I ripped my engine in half on Sunday morning, Bobby blew his leading a race. I think Doe had issue all weekend with overheating. I believe that was the year Doe got shutout for wins...but I'm not positive.

19. TWF2

Bobby won races that year.
    my motor blew up in second practice seasion and I rode Matt's ss rest of weekend and at gnf weekend following.
    I actualy spent all weekend taking parts of my bike and putting on his just to make it run somewhat.
    than I would come in your pit to feel better about it :)

20. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

And this must be Zoran. Didn't realize that was your handle.

Unless there was some other chain smoking european guy cursing at motorcycles all weekend long. :)

Hey....my old engine made a nice coffee table. You could even see through it.