1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV Superbike Weight & Horsepower

Discussion in 'General' started by hatman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Looking for some real-world SV Superbike numbers:

1) Weight -- verified (not guesstimates) weight for a full-on Superbike-spec SV650

2) Horsepower -- dyno-verified hp numbers for a full-on Superbike-spec SV650 (up to 750cc)

Thanks in advance.

2. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I'd say about 500 lbs and 50 hp?

( I thought I'd help you get the smart-ass answers out of the way early. You're welcome. )

3. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i know of a bike or two down around the 300-310lb dry weights and 100hp.

4. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I've got a bridge I'll sell ya!

5. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

I have heard of several SV650's in the 95HP range. They had a lot of motorwork and I don't know how reliable they would be, but you can get them there. Not sure about the weight.

6. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

I've seen/heard all the "I know a guy who has . . ." and "I heard of an SV . . ."

Appreciate the replies, but again, what I'm looking for is *real world, verifiable* numbers. In other words, "I have an SV that I weighed at the truck stop scales . . ." or "I have an SV that we did a dyno run last month and here's the hp/torque specs."

Thanks!

7. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

if you have an old model then a cam and flatslides amkes a reasonably reliable 80hp bike. weight is no different really, but the power will be noticable over the SS bikes. I have heard of 03 SS bikes making the same power, but none could hold up to the drag strip test of my 80hp superbike. If you go up to a 700 kit then I think you get 5-8 more, but I raced against one just like that and they were 100% equal on the drag test.

8. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Mark,
    are you selling that 749 and getting yourself a real bike? An SV650? Wow, about time! :D

9. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  10. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Petey: No, I'm not getting an SV.

BiZ: Thanks. JD (Meccanica Corse) had already sent me the dyno chart on Doug's bike. The other link is for a Supersport bike, which isn't what I'm looking for.

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

12. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

OK....MY Superbike SV700. It has anywhere between 93-98 hp at the rear wheel as per the dyno at Speedawerks in Dover DE. (Depends on the build and/or tricks we were trying otu at the time..plus fuel & conditions are always a factor.)

Weight - 353 lbs on the FUSA scales with about a gallon in it.

Now when we tried an SV750 - without tuning it had 103 hp. Kept blowing shit up...finally gave up. If I were to do anthoer 750 SV - I'd go with a billet crank, titanium con rods, undercut & cryo'd trannys, stainless steel valves, high lift cams, flatslides, race gas. I have to say...the 750 was damned fast. I got drafted and passed on the walls of Daytona. (Between Nascar 3 & 4.) A 600 came on by....I got back in his draft and passed him back before start finish. Heheheheh...damned fast bike. :)

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

its obvious he wants the #'s to compare to the Duc 1000 which will race against SV superbikes next year. you guys aren't getting that? :Poke:

and for the record, i bet ed key's sv would beat the duc in ss trim. ;)

14. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

It depends on the track and rider. The latest crop of 'lightweight' bikes - Buel, BMW, and Ducati - all have a ton more power in a straight line. I don't know about the handling in SS trim. I have run against a superbike version and had my ass handed to me in a straight line....until we hit the brakes/twisty sections. Then I'd putter on by...on my SS spec SV650 making 73 hp. Each bike has strengths and weaknesses.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

82-85hp. 332 pounds. 2001 SV650.

Is it for the above? Or for AHRMA ..

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Only if it were CCS "SS" though. Ed would have to run in SB if he ran with WERA, no?

17. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Jerry Van Horns SB new gen SV650 was about 80 HP with 2 over pistons, a little head work and cams. I don't know what the weight was. Do a search on Ed Key's bike which I think they got down to about 310# by spending a boatload of money - Ti everything.

18. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

That seems a bit low for 2 mil over, cams, and porting. JMO...but I'd have guessed 83-84hp with that and race fuel.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'd agree. Jerry's just knocking the numbers down for public display. :D

20. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

E'ffing sandbaggers everywhere!!!

:D