1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sv 650

Discussion in 'General' started by mcracer, Jun 10, 2002.

1. mcracer

mcracer Member

Hey Guys ,
    I recently bought a 02 "S" model SV650.I immediately put a Yosh Titanium RS3 exhaust system on it.Iplan on riding primarily on the street w/this bike,I have a gsxr750 racebike.I bought it so I could ride on the street with a bike that actually had lights & a tag.
    I need some fellow sv owners to give me advice on not tooo pricey mods to gain more torque/hp.Mainly Jet kits ignition boxes,etc.Which brand usually works best?Are other things like cams,pistons,power commanders...usually worth the $$$
    Any help would be appreciated.:)

2. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

A power commander won't be much help on an SV :rolleyes:

If its a street bike, leave it alone. Box stock, the SV motor has enough ass to get you in trouble. No matter what you do, you still aren't going to be able to hang with your squid buddies on GSXRs on the straights.
    And the reliability curve goes down the more you screw with it.

If you HAVE to mess with something, get the suspension fixed first...

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

IF it's power you want: A stage 1 jet kit from Factory isn't that spendy. Use the stock airbox and fileter.

It fixes the factory "lean" setting that the bike is tuned for to meet CARB emmision standards.

You'll get a noticeable gain across the spectrum.