1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sv 650 tuners

Discussion in 'Tech' started by iomTT, Sep 30, 2015.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Do these figures sound real to you all

We have found a good tune on Sv 650 by up to 95 hp with 54 ft ?? Just asking

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

With a full blown superbike motor yes.

With a SUPERSPORT build, your dyno guy is snorting Milo.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

my sv puts out 76 with a pc3 and an M4 exhaust. (0 ethanol pump gas)

ask spears racing how to get to 95 and how much of revisions a motor like this will need

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That's what Robby's SV puts out. Ok so his puts out 96 but who's counting.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

as others stated, sounds high. A ducati DS1000 air cooled 2 valve motor in ss trim puts out 95hp or so, and it stomps all OVER a supersport legal sv650 (i have heard of guys getting 95+ from a superbike sv, mega built). But then again doesn't lots of this depend on the dyno ? and perhaps a ds1000 would make 120hp on that dyno?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This motor would still be running std size bore man, is that what you would call a full blown superbike motor? The tuner that told me this, is a man responsible for the fastest er 650 motors in the UK Currently, and he has very very good street cred with his past history in wsb as crew chief technician

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Sunshine's bike made about those numbers. He says he ran it with both stock displacement and a 2mm overbore, but the compression is the most important - his bike had 15.5:1 comp instead of the stock 11.5. If you want to run it in a real roads race, there's a lot you need to do to make it live long enough to finish - cryo cranks, different finishes, stronger parts, etc... all on top of the differently-designed pistons and such to give you the power in the first place.

That's what Robby means by full-blown superbike motor. If that's legal for your race, have at it.

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers re clarifying that man. In discussions with the UK tuner now about it all, he actually lives on the Isle of Man also, so perfect perfect

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Slick?

10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

You got him man, we have been mates for years. Sadly you cannot alter ignition timing in the rules, so could not run that high comp i think

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Well, if Slick says he can get you those numbers out of an SV in TT-legal trim, I'd believe him.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yep. Committed to him last night. First motor will be started on in 2 weeks from now, Im looking forward to fukin up that Farquar ER 650 thing lol

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'll be watching this page!

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'd be surprised if a 95 horse SV would make it one lap around the isle before detonating. You budgeting a custom crank into the build? :D

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

This is part of the problem for SV's, as explained to me a couple years ago - crank modifications are, or at least were, not allowed. The SV has a better (stiffer) chassis than the ER, but the ER can make more reliable power without modifying the crankshaft.

Shaun - i do have complete faith in Slick's experience, but it may be wise to budget for at least two motors, maybe three.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

There is , IMO no way you're getting 90+ out of a stock displacement motor.

You would have to sling some serious RPM's and then it would throw the rods through the front.

I'm having doubts. However, I've been wrong before and there are better motor guys than me.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Just to be me, and always liking to be different, I am gunna run the SV dude, also I want to be the 1st Suzuki to stand on the box there in this class, which I still believe and really want too do big time. I am just as hungry as I ever was for it, but even more focused on this goal now after the last 7 or so years or rebuilding myself again. I will develop what I want from the chassis here on my fav practice roads, and just ship chassis parts etc next year. So all suspension and geometry will be dialed in to start with. Then it's just a matter of keep going Right lol

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Best my 650cc sbk made on the dyno was 90hp/54tq. That's with no head work stock valves, but a lot of other goodies and VPU4.4. 90hp seems to be the limit without increasing flow through the heads (porting and valves). Kcragets speedwerks sbk is stock bore and he had motor on my bike when X was riding it.

The problem an SV has with TT rules is the restrictions on touching the crank and the charging system (flywheel)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

So it seems. But Slick has found a way with different port shapes and lenghts, and also different valves to achieve his Hp claim, and all at Low RPM. All under 11 actually! The ER650 are on the limit already and throwing rods big time, which will get worse next year, as the race is now 4 laps not 3, so more stress for longer.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Making the hp doesnt address the weak crank and the 2400 grams of flywheel weight that will twist the end of the crank off