1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki RMZ-450 Super-Single conversion kit

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by drewnabobber, Feb 18, 2020.

1. drewnabobber

drewnabobber Well-Known Member

I am currently selling my 08 RMZ super-single racer. It's a unique bike, but that does limit the market somewhat, and I'm not really keen on organizing a cross-border transaction. But shipping some parts is no big deal. So I am considering parting it out if there is interest in some of the major components. In particular, I was wondering if anyone was interested in picking up the 'kit' to convert a RMZ into the road racer. I am thinking the following package:

- Complete Racetech F450 suspension setup. Can read all about it here: https://www.racetech.com/page/id/61. This is the full meal deal. Custom triple clamps, custom fork lugs, machined forks for clipons etc. In addition, you get my OEM shock which was done by Racetech - shortened and re-valved as per their setup guide above. The fork lugs are for a radial caliper with 108mm spacing. With simple spacers you can use pretty much any caliper, but I can include the spacers I have for the Brembo caliper if you want. Brembo caliper itself is not included.

- Scotts Steering Damper. Has a custom bracket to mount to the above triples, plus the frame mount.

- Marchesini Forged aluminium wheels with rotors. These are not pristine as they have been on the bike for a while, but they are straight and ready to ride. The front wheel is RMZ, but I am pretty sure (99.5%) the rear wheel is for a Honda, it uses Honda sprockets and spacing. Included is the modified RMZ rear caliper bracket to accommodate the Honda wheel. I have all the rear sprockets you could want to go with the setup.

- Custom Vortex rearsets. These are basically the larger plates to adapt standard Vortex GSXR pattern rearsets to the bike. You get the complete setup, including the shift linkage and arm. It only does GP shift.

- Custom bracket for 'modified' vortex fairing stay. The fairing stay is from an SV and has just been adjusted to fit Airtech GP450 bodywork. The stay bolts to a bracket that I made out of aluminium and in turn is bolted to the frame in the location where the ECU is usually mounted on the RMZ. It works great and is solid and light.

- I also have a brand new and un-painted tank cover and tail section that I will include for anyone who is interested in this package.

RMZ didn't change much from 08-17 so most of that stuff should be pretty easy to adapt to even a pretty recent 450 if it doesn't bolt right up. I'd like to get $1500 USD for the setup.

If someone is keen, I'm happy to email some more detailed pictures of the individual components.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    mino6466 likes this.
  2. drewnabobber

Should have mentioned, I am in Vancouver, Canada.

3. BRye423

BRye423 Member

That is quite the build! Where did you race it and what class?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Wish you were in the us. I could be interested in the whole bike.

RRP and TLR67 like this.
  5. drewnabobber

I raced at Mission and rode at the Ridge a few times. We have a lightweight superbike class that suits it, and I also had good races against SV650s, but on longer tracks you do lose out against built bikes.