1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suz AMA SBK - no more dual exhaust?

Discussion in 'General' started by sln, Apr 6, 2007.

1. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Remember that they have only had the bikes a short time. Different exhausts make the bike perform differently. Continuous process improvement..

4. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

From what i was told at M4 Fim rules state you have to run the bikes configuration just as it left the factory, That it the response when I asked why C Ulrich's 1000 had dual Exhaust on it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  5. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I remember at one point the RC51's running a single exhaust for a while. I imagine they can try anything they want for the exhaust.

6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

The AMA suberbike guys run on one side, at least Yosh. but the WSB runs 2 sides. I guess it is what the rules state.

7. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

The Roadracing World 1k Suzuki's were the only bikes I saw running duals at Barber testing. Those are superstock bikes I believe.

8. the milk man

the milk man Well-Known Member

I thought superbikes could run any configuration, while superstocks were more limited. I'd imagine most aftermarket companys will make single can exhaust systems. I remember seeing that one of the best exhaust for the RC was a single exhaust.

9. weggie man

weggie man Well-Known Member

No restrictions as far as exhaust configuration.............

10. TZRaceR6

TZRaceR6 Well-Known Member

FIM rules do not apply to the AMA series. FIM states that bikes must maintain stock appearance, but we know Haga only had one exhaust functioning on his Yamaha. The other exhaust was nothing more than a prop.

AMA SBK puts no such restrictions on Superbikes, and in fact there is no mention of exhausts under the Superbike portion of the rulebook.
    Superstock portion states only this:

11. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Hmm, I do recall standing in a showroom looking at a brand new GSXR-1000 with a dual exhaust. You can get the new Gixxer with a dual exhaust, maybe that's why its legal in Sbk.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

What do you guys think about the rear number plates? Only having it on the top.

Personally i don't like it.