1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supertech r lace replacement

Discussion in 'General' started by Giants324, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Giants324

Giants324 Shane636

Hey guys have already gone through the original laces and an extra set alpinestars sent me and the boots were purchased at the beginning of the summer. Just wondering what people are using as replacements. If people just use regular shoe laces I wasnt sure if they would fit through the holes. Thanks for the help

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Following....

3. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Senna likes this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Are they more durable than the standard laces? Both of my laces are in rough shape, and I'm wondering if I should just order a sturdier replacement vs. replacing with the original.

5. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

I've had them for a year with no issues. They are thicker so quite possibly more durable. They are around $10 and that's a pack of two.

6. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I got so sick of replacing laces they need to fix them breaking. I bought the firemen laces off Amazon that are cut resistant. Had them 2 years and they still work great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. mjkuhno

mjkuhno Member

Problem is the eyelets rust which causes the laces to break as a result of rubbing on the rough eyelet surface. A* sent me replacement laces as well - but yeah they don’t hold up.

Black89 - any chance you can share the link to the fireman’s laces?

8. Giants324

Giants324 Shane636

Mine are already starting to rust and I got them in june. I like the fit and how comfortable they are compared to my sidi mag 1s I had before but it's kind of annoying how these laces are. The last lace I replaced lasted 4 track days.

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Traveling today but search "Rhino laces unbreakable". My only concern was they couldn't cut them to take them off if I crashed. Well I crashed and they got my boots off just fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I still have my original Super Tech's which are about 15 years old and the laces never failed. Kind of sad to hear that the newer versions have that problem.

11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

if you are having problems with cut laces, u could probably find Spectra or Dyneema laces (same thing, diff copyrighted names). the cut-resistance and strength of UHMWPE fibers is ridiculous. its used in rock climbing cord and braided fishing line.

12. mjkuhno

mjkuhno Member

I have a 10 year old Supertech R as well and apparently when they were redesigned a few years ago they changed the design of the inner boot. Previously the laces went through ‘sleeves’ that are attached to the inner boot and now they go through eyelets which rust.

I’ve been using my older inner boot with the newer shell this season after another lace issue. I’ll be checking into the other cord options though.

13. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

My new supertechs this year only made it two months before breaking laces.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep mine too. Sucks, my Puma boots did the same thing. Loved those boots too.

15. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Mine broke after a month.

16. Peyton Hibdon

Peyton Hibdon New Member

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

These I have in many pairs of shoes for myself and my son...they'd also be ideal replacements.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1703831301?iid=144312013057

Then you no longer need that little velcro tab thing if you cut them short enough to just be long enough

18. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Senna likes this.