1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Legality???

Discussion in 'General' started by novice#374, Jun 22, 2002.

1. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

I had planned on buying a vortex triple tree but i was informed it was illegal in super stock class. I run an f4i and stock composition is aluminum ,if the rake doesn't change then is it legal?

second topic... is nutec legal for superstock?:confused:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nu-Tec is, the triple clamp is not.

3. Hummm not arguing by any means Mongo but just curious is to why the Vortex triple wouldn't be legal as really your not gaining any thing over stock other then maybe some stableness of the forks, but unless you did both top and lower would it really make any difference there really. I don't have one and have only thought about getting one but to do it right would rather get both upper and lower but if it's not legal why bother lol, just curious as to why.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well I guess i have the same question for you - why bother?

The reason is that we know the stock ones are done to stock spec, we don't know that about the aftermarket ones. It's also is because the rulebook says it's not legal. You know - the rules are the rules are the rules. Sorry but every so often I have to use that as the answer to a question, as with every rule in the rulebook the line in the sand is drawn, stuff on one side is legal, stuff on the other side is illegal. For SS rules there isn't much that is legal to change, that's the nature of the class.

5. That's cool! No I understand, I was just curious as to why? To answer your question to me, like I said to do it right you'd have to go with both a upper and lower Vortex triple or Attack brand to really gain anything. The only thing to gain is fork flex would be lessoned under heavy braking, other then that I don't think weight would be a gain since it would only be ounces anyway. No biggy I don't have one anyway so I'm at no loss lol

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:) You also answered your own question - if it would reduce fork flex then it's a performance advantage over stock and hence not SS legal.

7. True lol I did. Honda just needs to fix the fork flex problem! lol Anyway I'm not worried about it as if your smooth it's minimal anyway. To save weight lol shoot I weight 135lbs with gear lol I'm not worried lol

8. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

thanx for the input :)

9. The Kid

The Kid Well-Known Member

Mongo I have a question. Why are vortex gas caps supersport legal? They weigh half the weight of stock ones. That is a performance advantage over stock.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

He said last week they were letting us use them, dangit! Really not much of an advantage other than you don't have to use a key. Tiny hole- so not quick-fill capable. Hey Kid, are you #626? If so, thanks for the gsxr tail! :D

11. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

Actually, taking a giant dump before a race isn't supersport legal. Too much weight advantage.

12. The Kid

The Kid Well-Known Member

Yes my number is 626. We need to ask Mongo if taking a dump is superstock legal. It is a definite advantage. Especially for us big guys.

13. tjr

tjr Well-Known Member

What does "lol" mean?

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I recommend plenty of fiber the night before a race. Two cups of coffee when you wake- voila! Nature's drano!:D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, you have a good point. I won't make them legal.

16. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Hey USCRacer... I'll give you $10 for that one you just bought!!

:D

17. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

CRAP!!! Dangit, Mongo! Well then they'll just have to protest my crappy finishes. I'm using it anyhoo! :mad:

BTW, this statement is why I forked out $90 to replace my broken stock cap with the offending Vortex cap:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2002
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - you can keep using it. Anyone protests you for the cap I'll deem the protest capricious and not accept it :)

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Thank you Mr. Akavano! :D (Wise Guys, remember?)

20. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

I officially protest USCRacerX's perpetuation of his lineage!