1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Legal? Mongo? Opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by packfan, May 29, 2002.

1. packfan

packfan El Presidente

Have a 2000 GSXR-750 in need of a motor...Can I put a 2002 GSXR 750 motor (including EFI) in it and be superstock legal? There are a couple of small diffs in the bikes from what I know...Adj. swing arm pivot, FI a little diff...obviously I could go buy an 02 and race it SS. The only thing I can find in the rules that would cover it is the old "Final decision rest with the head tech inspector blah, blah"

This was in the superbike section:

"In Superbike the original combination of frame and motor must be maintained except in the case of similar models with directly interchangeable engines"

Which...yeh...is what I am doing but does anyone see what I mean?

Comes down to...I need a motor and found a deal on one but it is an 02...I have an '00 bike and don't want to take a chance that one weekend me and three other guys show up (mind you just 4 of us)...one has a mechanical on the second lap...I go on to take my first podium finish (3rd) and get protested and DQ'd.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry it's coverd in the - if it doesn't say you can then you can't rule. Even Hackings 99 - 750 rim in a 600 would be illegal with us... No updating or backdating allowed in SS. Totally cool for Superbike though.

3. packfan

packfan El Presidente

doh!!