1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Question....

Discussion in 'General' started by ZebProctor, Jul 31, 2002.

1. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

So the practice on Friday is so-and-so dollars right?.... well then on saturday, you usually got to practice if you were in a solo 20 right.... but there is the endurance race that afternoon, so who gets to practice? everyone signed up for a race on sun? just the endurance guys (oh, and world cup qualifier guys)? :confused:

2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Zeb-It's a national weekend, the schedual is always the same. Ther'll be one round of practice for all classes and one, 30min, endurance only session. There's never any solo stuff at nationals. I didn't realize that you actually raced. :D

3. ZebProctor

HARDY HAR HAR. :D yes i do and this is my first year, so bear with me here...... so as long as you're signed up for a race on sunday, you get to practice.... kewl.... thanks :D

4. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Step up to the challenge and run the endurance race. Like Mr. Vital says, "It's awesome, Baby!"

5. ZebProctor

gotta buddy that's thinking about doing it on a RS250 (ya, go figure)... so i might pilot that baby, if he does, and if he trusts me considering i've never been on a 2-stroke..

6. ZebProctor

so who all off of here is going to summit this weekend???

7. SClark

Lets see, Ride 1 Hour, rebuild 1 hour, ride 1 hour, rebuild 1 hour... :)

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I'm racing this weekend................ But I'll be racing my mtb in Helen, GA.:D

9. ZebProctor

has anyone ever raced a 2-stroke in an endurance race?? on top of that, a SIX HOUR endurance race????

10. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

How about
    ride 1 hour, sieze, high side, rebuild, repeat. :D

11. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Mark Morrow raced the RZ (or RD???) at a one-hour at CMP. I think it lasted about 25 minutes........:D

12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Not if its an Aprilia

13. ZebProctor

so noone on here thinks a rs250 would make it 6 hours :D

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

WERA used to have a 1 hour endurance for the 125 machines at the GNF a few years back...

15. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I've heard that someone completed an endurance race on a 2-stroke once but he had to do a top end job during the race. That may be more legend than truth though. I can't imagine that a 2-stroke could survive what alot of 4-strokes will struggle to do.

16. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

1. I've seen a 2 stoke in an endurance race for CCS. It's only a 2 hourish race. (Daytona - amazing enough on it's own.)

2. I might come to scummit this weekend to watch. Not racing...the SV isn't ready for it. (I have to do some minor repairs before it goes out again....can we say oil? I think we can.)

3. Who would do a 30 minute when you can do 6 hours?

4. Anybody in need of a racer? :))

Woof

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'll be there this weekend. Helping some friends out (racing) on an F3. Should be pitted near the 29 dreams guys. I'll be camping and hopefully will make it up there in time to get some practice in on friday...

anyone have a guess for how long it'll take me from ATL? I'm thinking about 9 hours?? No trailer, just moving along....

18. ZebProctor

9, maybe closer to 10.... it takes me 7 from charlotte to dc....

19. SClark

Sure! But, can you hold a fire extinguisher? :D

20. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I've been known to hold the ocassional fire extinguisher. Let's see....pull the pin...then grable the handle and the bike turn white. :))