1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for back to back races?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Rugbydad, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

I find myself running back to back races this weekend. Other than making sure the tank is topped off before the first race, any tips or suggestions? I was thinking of finishing race 1 and heading out immediately/ first call for the next race, take an easy out lap because the tires are going to be warm already then catch a breather while I'm gridded up.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Drink lots of water (w. electrolytes)

Rugbydad likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

don't take a really slow cool down lap, have someone on pitlane with a drink and gas if you need it. and make sure you tell the officials before hand and they can give you a little time to get a drink before you go out for the second race.

Boman Forklift and Rugbydad like this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

You want as little time as possible btw the warm-up lap and the race start, especially if its a windy day. Do not head out on first call. Do not take an easy warm-up lap. You should push on your warm-up lap, especially if you didn't have time to put the tires back on warmers.

If its a common back-to-back, WERA often delays the calls for the 2nd race. So you often have enough time to get back to the pits, take your helmet off, and drink something.

Monsterdood and Rugbydad like this.
  5. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

This is what I typically do. If the 2nd race is on another bike have a friend waiting along pit row with the other bike and a bottle of water.