1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for WERA

Discussion in 'General' started by stickboy274, Jun 4, 2012.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

There's been a lot of these threads, some even had good intentions. Well, I finally have one worth putting out there, so here it goes.

So, from here on out, you are only allowed to make business suggestions to WERA if you have run a race with them in the last two weeks.

If you have spectated at a WERA event in the last two weeks, you are allowed to comment on the races suggestions, but not actually make your own suggestions. After all, you don't even race, how can you know how what needs to be changed.

Now the off season, if you attended 4 or more events, you can make suggestions over the off season.

Now, I'm not sure how to hand out punishments. I was thinking whatever the punishment is, add in that the offenders avitar gets flipped upside down until they either race with WERA, spectate at a WERA event, or renew their WERA license.

All others can read only.

This in no way changes the fact that your suggestion will probably suck and be ignored. Also, this will not stop Mongo from ruining Road Racing.

OK, let me know what you think.

2. trancework

trancework It's always now...

You including rulebook in this too?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kill whitey!

4. stickboy274

Yup. Sounds like a good plan.

5. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Solution: 2 Beebs. Idiot Beeb (drunk one) and a serious, nerdy Beeb (you would have to blow into your computer).

99% harmony could be attained.

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

He's not a whitey...he's a ginger:wow:

Oh wait, I've never raced WERA period...

forgive me for commenting...I'm just one of those "race dads"...

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Wait a second... Am I the only one who can make suggestions here so far? :D

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

If you're footing the entry fee bills, I think you get a say. After all, WERA actually stands to lose your money if you've got a legit gripe.

Isn't that the OP's point? To silence the people with lots of opinions and shockingly few race starts? (to be fair, I'd count myself in that group)

9. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Well, I don't know about two weeks, but I was participating at the last WERA West (Miller) event.

Y'all may kiss the ring.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

what about if a sponsor you worked to secure, is footing the bill for entry fees? Does the riders opinion still count?

11. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

If I can't make comments, stick can't either.
    The only beef I have is the high transponder cost. I always enjoyed racing with y'all.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Cappuccino bar @ the pre-reg line, umbrella girls for rider meetings.

Then I'd feel all racer-like.

13. The sponsor is only allowed to comment if the rider is a minor and the sponsor comes on here to whine about another minor.

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

damn... so when do I get to have an opinon again? Pro? AMA finish? AMA grid? Never? WTF?

15. :up:

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Do you at least buy your computer a drink first?

17. stickboy274

Wait a minute. I've been showing up to WERA events since 1991. I've also got a bunch of trophies and even some championships to show for it. Two championships last season. I forgot to add the past champion pass.

18. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Lifetime members are exempt from the restrictions and their opinion counts double.

19. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

SWEET, past champion clause gets me in

SUCK IT CHAOTIC!!!!

Now YOU dont get an opinion :D

20. stickboy274

How many of those plates do you have?

Maybe lifetime instead. I have that also.