1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for Enduro / on-off road bike

Discussion in 'General' started by STT-Rider, Aug 7, 2015.

1. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

My 5' 8" wife rode a DRZ400sm with no problems, she did have the gel seat though, but did not always use it. But it was not lowered at all. They sag a pretty good amount when you sit on them especially two up. Plenty of suspension to be lowered a bit.

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

So here is what I ended up with....

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I ended up buying a low miles DR-650.

Attached Files:

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I haven't seen an EXC300 in any recent US model offerings. Have I missed something? :confused:

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Take it through any flash floods in the last couple weeks?

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It's now called an XC-W

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I was over there this weekend, holy shit did that water go big. I;ve seen some pretty awesome flashes first hand but this was a two-wave flood that was crazy.

The Keyhole deaths were 100% stupidity.....ya, I'm going in a slot when the NPS AND the Weather Service have both placed flash-flood advisories up. :rolleyes:

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you are told there is a 40% chance of rain STFO of any slot canyons. We were in Coyote Gulch a few years back when the stream went from crystal clear to muddy brown and we heard the rumble. Down there you have plenty of room in most spots to get to high ground, so we were all good. But it was pretty hairy. And the sky around us was clear, no rain anywhere near.

That group should have never entered Keyhole that day.

8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I got the ugly model, but it's still fun. It's almost impossible to loop it out on any hills, it just digs..

I did the HS at Mid-ohio vintage days this year on it.

Attached Files:

9. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, we were just in Zion for a few days, and there's no way you can avoid all the warnings about slot canyon floods. I remember watching a group that was leaving an adventure center, and they had to watch this 20 minute video that showed all of the dangers. Apparently, the earth under the roadways in Zion is quite unstable, and very subjected to washouts and landslides.

I think people who aren't from that area just don't understand desert flooding. The look at these little creeks and think 'how can that little trickle of water do any harm?"; all the while ignoring the giant canyon that was created by that same little creek.