1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sucks if you live in Cali.. RIP Internal Combustion

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Sep 28, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I hope Cali does it. Leaves more oil and gas for me. I want to leave the biggest carbon footprint I can while on this planet. ICEs are cool and the applications they power are even cooler. :rock:
    I learned the hard way going from a two stroke weed whacker to a weenie electric battery one. Returned the electric and got a more expensive, heavier, louder unit and the hassle of mixing oil and gas but I can do my entire place and it has power to spare. ICE ICE baby. :bow:

VFR#52 and Gorilla George like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are you getting this from Teslas ad department or something? There are absolutely NOT SC's everywhere. There are 2 in the entire metro Atlanta area. 2. For all of the ATL.

crashman and VFR#52 like this.
  3. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

How many teslas pass through atlanta that aren't from ATL, the super charger network isn't for everyday use, it's for traveling long distances. Everyday use is home charging where around 90% of teslas are charged every day.

4. CA can do what they want, as far as the world goes, we are 1000 years or some shit from stuff like this becoming a reality.

There are still A LOT of places where there arent even any signal lights at all, and you have to take a dirt road to get to the major International airport.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not if ICEs are outlawed.

VFR#52 and R Acree like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea - YOU said they were everywhere. They are not.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Trunxgp1224

They are everywhere, There's 14 super charges in ATL at 2 sites, another site will be up by the end of the year and 4 more are planed for next year.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: so sorry I did not specify the sites had multiple plugs.

You're still wrong. They are not everywhere. There are 2. Inside the perimeter. Not easy access for travelers or locals.

Keep trying tho, it's amusing :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Has Moonbeam figured out how he is going to fund the major infrastructure upgrades needed for the power drain when the entire state plugs their toaster in for the night? Or will that be the magic power fairy? All I know is I can drive my 12 -15 MPG Jeep and pay for a shit ton of repair parts for quite a while while still having a vehicle that people do not laugh at and still be money ahead.

:stupid: I think he is on Teslas payroll. Based on what the people I know who have them he is definitely optimistic on both charging times and availability...

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is this for more than your home? What do you do/have that requires you to use 2,600 kWh in a month ? :eek:

My cost in Iowa is 0.1125 per kWh. But after adding and subtracting the service and equalization fees it comes to 0.124

The prior 12 months have ranged from a low 619 to a hi 1693 (X-Mas lights) With most being in the 800 range.

11. Trunxgp1224

I'm not trying, they're already there right off 75 north of Downtown and right off 285 in Decatur.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay so now all I can figure is you're either being willfully ignorant or have no clue about Atlanta....

auminer and VFR#52 like this.
  13. Which means 2, correct?

For example, there is a Shell, a BP and a smaller E0 station all within 0.5mi from my house. Each of them has 4 bays, with 3 outlets on each side of each bay.

But I don't tell people "I have 72 gas stations within 0.5mi of my house".

Because I don't. I have 3.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Trunxgp1224

The car is responsible for about 300kwh a month. I also rent out a detached apartment to a couple, so AC/ Stove, TV, lights, etc.

G 97 likes this.
  15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

so Atlantic Station and an old car lot in the hood no one ever goes near.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

A Tesla would be nice for a commuter auto but let's be realistic it wouldn't be convenient for a cross country trip across states where you have never been befor. It's a hassle and time waste already getting off the road and filling up for gas when your trying to make time on a 500 mile road trip with an ICE. No way I would ever attempt with an electric. It's not practical.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

And I thought you were going to say grow lights. :D:rock:

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Trunxgp1224

Again, how many people on long trips are going through the ATL area? When are they making these trips? If I were to leave the grandparents in Adel and travel to Kennesaw or Calhoun to see more family the fastest route through ATL tight now is straight up 75 and I'd have to pass the super charger at atlantic station.

I wasn't sure if he was complaining about the number of stations in the city or the capacity of each station so I cited both.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Then you aren't paying attention.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...sion-fire-were-factors-crash-deaths/97641474/

http://mashable.com/2016/11/04/fatal-tesla-crash-batteries-fires/#hRCrrbyBXaqo

20. Trunxgp1224

If texas passes the law they will be. But by then I'll be running solar and less worried about rates.