1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff you won't eat.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jan 14, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I tried Vegemite once. It wasn't horrible.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Speaking of boiled cabbage....Many years ago my in-laws were living with us. My MiL grew up dirt poor and never recovered but she was doing the cooking as me, my wife and her father were all working at the time. I came home one night to wilted lettuce served over boiled potatoes. The only seasoning was salt. Hell no I argued, with 3 incomes we can afford meat! I don't care, fry up some bacon. I left to eat at MickyD's. I was never the favorite SiL after that.....:oops:

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All this time...I never knew you were female.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

What kind of girl can’t eat rice..........:crackup:

5. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Eggplant when skinned and properly prepped, covered with marinara, meat and cheese Id eat my own shoe.

Spinach, fresh baby spinach, bit of diced bacon, butter, onion, garlic, salt black pepper, little chili flake, change your world. I hated spinach growing up, now its a fav that I know how to cook it.

Liver is mostly crap, my dad talked of soaking in milk for 24 hours to get rid of the chalky flavor. But na.... Although heart, tongue, tail, even tripe, Im good with.

6. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

well seasoned, skin off, bit of bacon grease pan seer till brown on both sides and still tender in the middle. Heaven.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hell.

No.

8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Tomatoes, like tomato sauce, like fresh sliced, like tomato/mots/balsalmic/basil?

9. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Probably Playalinda beach. That is in my neck of the woods. It is part of the land that was absorbed when the space center was built. A beach with no condos or development. A rarity around these parts. Also, it was infamous as a nude beach in the past. Still is (not sure how much is actually done), but it is now allowed in a specific area (used to be so deserted people would just choose to go nude). It's a big place, so I wouldn't worry about it if you aren't into that stuff. For those that think you will sit around looking at hot, nude chicks... Good luck with that.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g28930-d181835-Reviews-Playalinda_Beach-Florida.html

pickled egg likes this.
  10. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

My girl makes nigerian food, and beef heart is damn tasty, tongue has soo much beef flavor, Ox Tail is like liquid meet, tripe is a bit chewy, and off putting but Ill eat it. For me Ive had brains, all the above, bunch of other randoms, everything tastes good with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.

11. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

A hatred since childhood. Dry paste.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s the one!

Client of mine says it has soft sand and is very family friendly (outside the clothing optional zone), the girls have never been in the ocean before so this will be very important to “get it right” for them. Thank you! :beer:

13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Yo, so my girl is use to the African variants, one day I did a standard american sweet with butter and brown sugar, I swear I sent that woman to heaven!

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Now that stuff is nasty, it tastes like ether.

15. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

More than that, often you can see through raw scrapple, its a heart attack for breakfast. My Grumps favorite. Similar to head cheese, its the left overs in a block.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Notice I did say once.:D

17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I literally have 2 lbs of ox tail, 1 lb of tongue, 1 lb heart, 1lb of tripe in my freezer, plus chicken, ground beef, steaks. Carnivore here.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yes. My dad used to bear hunt in Holly Shelter NC. He used to stop by and get "pick ups" that the machine missed in the field. These were unlike any other we've had. We can only find them in eastern NC.

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I apologize it’s been a long week but could you be more specific??? o_O

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's entertaining what you can slip by people who aren't paying attention to the tags. :D