1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steak Question

Discussion in 'General' started by bullockcm, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

:D

just trying to make sure my cows dont get glaucoma.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Type of plane for this particular mission?

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Steak: Get some, cook it how you like it, eat it. Simple.

4. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Vans Aircraft RV-4. Good times upside down but don't plan on packing much more than 200lbs of glaucoma medicine. If I have a copilot the cargo payload drops to 30lbs and co-pilot has to weight well under 200 lbs or the CG and stall recovery get Fugly.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup:

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need an RV-8 :)

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You installed what engine?

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Read up on Maillard reactions.
    (every kitchen worth its salt should have a copy of McGhee) :beer:

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:up: Invite a buddy over and watch a race while doing so. Invite some womens too because they will clean up.:up::up:

10. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

160hp O-320 that would LOVE some etoh free premium but can't get it in the corn belt. Did a top speed, averaged 4 quadrant at 8000 da and got 192 smph with a wood fixed pitch Warnke. Bought it, was building an -8 until the market went to poop and didn't seem worth finishing for a number of reasons. I'll trade with cash for a Mooney 201 and then we can carry plenty of medicine to Houston (mostly done with the fun flying, ready for 4 seats to cart the kids on vacation).

11. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Just read about the new Mooney about to be released early this year in Flying magazine, that thing is gonna be a hot-rod. It set new speed records for piston-engine planes. The article was a really good read. Just have to get used to really quick speeds in the landing pattern. Things happen real quick.

12. caferace

caferace No.

Alright, Nazif ... Ever Sous Vide any of your fine Wag?

-jim

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Glaucoma my ass. You're still gonna kill their ass and you just want them stoned so they die with a smile on their little faces.

Cruel killer!

I'll take a couple of ribsteaks ok?:up:

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

my wife does..

not really my cup of tea, especially with wagyu. its great with grassfed angus though.

I like my wagyu quickly seared.

only time that i remember liking wagyu sous vided was when i tried wagyu flank that was sous vided for an hour at 140. then it was quick seared for a bit. i think she made it with an ancho chile rub.

15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

(Only here does a thread about steak transform into a discussion about engines...) :moon:

Had some Wag at American Cut last weekend... good stuff! :rock:

I like to cook the more marbled cuts closer to medium. But filet, strips, flank - rare is key. Get yourself a good iron skillet, heat it as hot as you can get in on the grill, sear the steak on the iron for at most a minute each side. Finish on the open flame. I usually do an olive oil rub/fresh garlic, dust with cracked black pepper and sea salt prior to. :up:

16. caferace

caferace No.

Good to know. :up:

-jim

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

well my wagyu do drink beer. so why not some ganj? :D

old japanese cow folk always tried to raise their cattle in stress free enviroments. it was supposed to give better beef as stress releases toxins in the body that accumulates in the muscles of the animal. thats also the reason why massaging of the animal stops exactly 4 weeks before the slaughter.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Beer? Massages? Damn, there are millions of Americans whose life is not as nice as your cows'. :D

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

puts a whole new meaning to fat cows at a spa day doesnt it? :D

beer makes them eat more, gives better marbling, and helps them deal with the heat better.

massages breaks down the tissue, gives better marbling, and releases toxins from the muscle.

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My fave thing to do is cook to just under med rare, then lower my grill until the meat is almost touching the coals (I never use propane) and get a nice almost char on just the surface. You get a nice caramelized surface. MMMMM